    Just hope they dont overprice it, i believe Kodak have a 3 incher out
    soon too?
    , Aug 20, 2005

  2. Mark² Guest

    "" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > No mention of battery life, but seeing Sanyo make the batteries for
    > Sony and others *should* bo ok [400 photos?]

    Who they make batteries for has no bearing on performance in this camera.
    Battery drain is always worse when using screens.
    That it doesn't have an optical viewfinder means you must always* use the
    screen.
    That the screen is huge, and and battery small means less life.
    These things are not negotiable at this point in the technology.
    It may perform up to your needs or it may not (depending on your needs).

    > As for the flash once again Sanyo would be aware of it and lets wait
    > for Steves test etc

    How does Sanyo's "awareness of it" have any bearing on whether there's going
    to be severe red-eye trouble? Red eye is strictly determined by the angle
    similarity of the flash and lens to the eyes (and is, of course heightened
    by distance to subject [which tightens that angle] and pupil dilation).

    > The more choices the better!
    >
    > Just hope they dont overprice it, i believe Kodak have a 3 incher out
    > soon too?

    Mi wanim yu likim camra tumas.
    Gutpela tru? -o em i bruk olgeta? Laik bilong yu.

    :)
    Mark², Aug 20, 2005

  3. Jer Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > "" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>No mention of battery life, but seeing Sanyo make the batteries for
    >>Sony and others *should* bo ok [400 photos?]

    > Who they make batteries for has no bearing on performance in this camera.
    > Battery drain is always worse when using screens.
    > That it doesn't have an optical viewfinder means you must always* use the
    > screen.
    > That the screen is huge, and and battery small means less life.
    > These things are not negotiable at this point in the technology.
    > It may perform up to your needs or it may not (depending on your needs).

    Well, right there at the end of the first paragraph is...

    "Seeing your captured moment and being able to share\d\ it with your
    friends or family is the power of digital photography, a 3-inch display
    helps!"

    So, instead of using batteries for taking snapshots, the batteries will
    be exhausted by using the camera as a display device. Which may be a
    good thing, considering the number of red-eye shots that won't be taken
    while the E6 is being passed around.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'