Re: Yahoo search results links dont work in FireFox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Justin, Apr 25, 2011.

  1. Justin

    Justin Guest

    Jim wrote on [Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:49:08 -0400]:
    > Just started seeing a strange problem a few days ago.
    >
    > When doing a search on Yahoo using FireFox. When I click on a search results
    > link most of the links instead of taking me to the page they are supposed to
    > give me the standard Open/Save dialog box (wants to save an
    > application/octet stream).
    >
    > This only happens in FireFox (not IE)
    > Only on Yahoo (Google is fine)
    > I have confirmed this behavior on all the computers in the office (Win XP
    > SP3/FF 3.6)
    > All computers were scanned for virus & malware
    >
    > Don't want to upgrade to FF 4 (not even sure it will help)
    >
    > Any idea what is causing this?

    Got an example search term?

    are you perhaps behind a proxy?
    Justin, Apr 25, 2011

  2. Justin

    jeff g. Guest

    On 04/25/2011 04:02 PM, Jim wrote:
    > "Justin"<> wrote in message
    >> Jim wrote on [Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:49:08 -0400]:
    >>> Just started seeing a strange problem a few days ago.
    >>>
    >>> When doing a search on Yahoo using FireFox. When I click on a search
    >>> results
    >>> link most of the links instead of taking me to the page they are supposed
    >>> give me the standard Open/Save dialog box (wants to save an
    >>> application/octet stream).
    >>>
    >>> This only happens in FireFox (not IE)
    >>> Only on Yahoo (Google is fine)
    >>> I have confirmed this behavior on all the computers in the office (Win XP
    >>> SP3/FF 3.6)
    >>> All computers were scanned for virus& malware
    >>>
    >>> Don't want to upgrade to FF 4 (not even sure it will help)
    >>>
    >>> Any idea what is causing this?

    >> Got an example search term?
    >>
    >> are you perhaps behind a proxy?

    > No proxy
    > Any search cause the problem. 90% of the results on any page bring up the
    > open/save dialog.
    > Another interesting thing is that Yahoo search is powered by Bing. If I do
    > the search on Bing I have no problems.

    You may want to follow this thread, if it isn't you already :) :

    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/813730
    jeff g., Apr 27, 2011