Re: Xtra 'Total Home' package attracting complaints

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Will Spencer, Nov 12, 2008.

  1. Will Spencer

    Will Spencer Guest

    On 12 Nov 2008 11:00:22 +1200, vitw wrote:

    > According to a contact at the Advertising Standards Authority, complaints
    > are already coming in against the Telecom/Xtra 'Total Home' TV ads.
    >
    > The complaints allege that the TV ad (featuring a room filled with
    > coloured lolly balls) is deceptive because it depicts a movie download as
    > consuming a far smaller proportion of the monthly 10GB quota than it is
    > in reality.
    >
    > If anyone wants to file their own complaint, the form is here:
    > http://www.asa.co.nz/complaint_form.php


    Get a life.

    -ws
    Will Spencer, Nov 12, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. In article <491babac$>, =?windows-1252?Q?Collector=80NZ?= <> wrote:
    >Will Spencer wrote:
    >> On 12 Nov 2008 11:00:22 +1200, vitw wrote:
    >>> According to a contact at the Advertising Standards Authority, complaints
    >>> are already coming in against the Telecom/Xtra 'Total Home' TV ads.
    >>> The complaints allege that the TV ad (featuring a room filled with
    >>> coloured lolly balls) is deceptive because it depicts a movie download as
    >>> consuming a far smaller proportion of the monthly 10GB quota than it is
    >>> in reality.
    >>>
    >>> If anyone wants to file their own complaint, the form is here:
    >>> http://www.asa.co.nz/complaint_form.php

    >>
    >> Get a life.
    >>
    >> -ws

    >It certainly looks like someone took your advice because you dont appear
    >to have a life, they got yours; poor sod whom ever they are


    Isn't "Will" one of roger's "disguises" ? ... clear now ? :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 13, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Will Spencer

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:29:03 +1300, Collector¤NZ wrote:

    > Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> In article <491babac$>, =?windows-1252?Q?Collector=80NZ?= <> wrote:
    >>> Will Spencer wrote:
    >>>> On 12 Nov 2008 11:00:22 +1200, vitw wrote:
    >>>>> According to a contact at the Advertising Standards Authority, complaints
    >>>>> are already coming in against the Telecom/Xtra 'Total Home' TV ads.
    >>>>> The complaints allege that the TV ad (featuring a room filled with
    >>>>> coloured lolly balls) is deceptive because it depicts a movie download as
    >>>>> consuming a far smaller proportion of the monthly 10GB quota than it is
    >>>>> in reality.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> If anyone wants to file their own complaint, the form is here:
    >>>>> http://www.asa.co.nz/complaint_form.php
    >>>> Get a life.
    >>>>
    >>>> -ws
    >>> It certainly looks like someone took your advice because you dont appear
    >>> to have a life, they got yours; poor sod whom ever they are

    >>
    >> Isn't "Will" one of roger's "disguises" ? ... clear now ? :)
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

    > Nope not one of Rogers, the guys and idiot troll so I am taking the time
    > to practice by repling to him. All in all I recokon my point score is
    > higher than his at this stage :)


    I'm an idiot troll and you're ahead on points ay?

    Let's see.

    You call Telecom "Telescum"

    You say "Telescum suck"

    Claim they are "deceptively advertising"

    Claim they "rip off products".

    And support these wild assertions by creating your own naive definition of
    the word "movie" based on some half-arsed assumptions.

    It would appear based on the evidence that it is infact YOU who is the
    trolling wanker.

    -ws
    Will Spencer, Nov 13, 2008
    #3
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. John Y
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    541
    Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk
    Feb 2, 2007
  2. Annika1980

    Re: Attracting Lightning With The D3!!

    Annika1980, Aug 17, 2008, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    231
    Pete D
    Aug 17, 2008
  3. Bruce Sinclair

    Re: Xtra 'Total Home' package attracting complaints

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 12, 2008, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    21
    Views:
    1,028
    aspir8or
    Nov 13, 2008
  4. Bruce Sinclair

    Re: Xtra 'Total Home' package attracting complaints

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 12, 2008, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    362
    Bruce Sinclair
    Nov 12, 2008
  5. Je|
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    434
    Bruce Sinclair
    Nov 13, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page