Re: Xtra 'Total Home' package attracting complaints

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, Nov 12, 2008.

  1. In article <491a056a$>, =?UTF-8?B?Q29sbGVjdG9y4oKsTlo=?= <> wrote:
    >vitw wrote:
    >> According to a contact at the Advertising Standards Authority, complaints
    >> are already coming in against the Telecom/Xtra 'Total Home' TV ads.
    >>
    >> The complaints allege that the TV ad (featuring a room filled with
    >> coloured lolly balls) is deceptive because it depicts a movie download as
    >> consuming a far smaller proportion of the monthly 10GB quota than it is
    >> in reality.
    >>
    >> If anyone wants to file their own complaint, the form is here:
    >> http://www.asa.co.nz/complaint_form.php
    >>

    >Thanks for the link, complaint filed. Telescum suck with there deceptive
    >advertising and rip off products

    ... and yet, there is nothing new here. They've always done it. They are
    still doing it. Vote with your wallet - that appears to be all they
    understand. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 12, 2008

  2. Bruce Sinclair

    JohnO Guest

    On Nov 12, 1:22 pm,
    (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    > In article <>, =?UTF-8?B?Q29sbGVjdG9y4oKsTlo=?= <> wrote:
    >
    > >vitw wrote:
    > >> According to a contact at the Advertising Standards Authority, complaints
    > >> are already coming in against the Telecom/Xtra 'Total Home' TV ads.

    > >> The complaints allege that the TV ad (featuring a room filled with
    > >> coloured lolly balls) is deceptive because it depicts a movie download as
    > >> consuming a far smaller proportion of the monthly 10GB quota than it is
    > >> in reality.

    > >> If anyone wants to file their own complaint, the form is here:
    > >>http://www.asa.co.nz/complaint_form.php

    > >Thanks for the link, complaint filed. Telescum suck with there deceptive
    > >advertising and rip off products

    > .. and yet, there is nothing new here. They've always done it. They are
    > still doing it. Vote with your wallet - that appears to be all they
    > understand. :)

    Then CEO Gattung was quite clear that the tactic was to befuddle the
    consumer. Looks like they are still doing it under Reynolds.
    JohnO, Nov 12, 2008

  3. In article <491a1e77$>, =?windows-1252?Q?Collector=80NZ?= <> wrote:
    >Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> In article <491a056a$>, =?UTF-8?B?Q29sbGVjdG9y4oKsTlo=?=

    > <> wrote:
    >>> Thanks for the link, complaint filed. Telescum suck with there deceptive
    >>> advertising and rip off products

    >> .. and yet, there is nothing new here. They've always done it. They are
    >> still doing it. Vote with your wallet - that appears to be all they
    >> understand. :)
    >>

    >I have voted with my wallet to the extent that I am able, but I have to
    >have a phone line and they are the only providers available to me.

    I hear your pain, and sadly, am in a similar position. :) <sigh>
    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 12, 2008