Re: XP wont boot.......

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Patrick, Nov 22, 2010.

  1. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick, Nov 22, 2010

  2. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick wrote:
    > Valorie *~ wrote:
    >> I can't find any pins marked "CMOS RESET" on the motherboard. I
    >> don't see anything that look like pins, either on the schematic or on
    >> the mother boarditself. This is the motherboard.
    >>
    >> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00022505&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us#c00022505_doc
    >>

    > Click "Clearing the CMOS settings" near the top of that page
    >
    > or click
    > <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00022505&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us#N721>

    PS, the pins are marked 'J19' rather than 'Reset CMOS', the pins are down
    nearish the battery.

    Make sure that there is a jumper on the pins as someone might have removed
    it to reset the BIOS and forgot to replace it (as I once did which caused
    the CPU-fan to spin but nought-else).
    Patrick, Nov 22, 2010

  3. Patrick

    Hot-Text Guest

    Re: XP wont boot....... Found the pin!!!!!! :)

    Start up the Computer will RESET CMOS it will not boot that is OK but it
    reset,
    Afterword Shut Down the Computerand put the CMOS back to the way it was and
    Start up the Computer, CMOS will boot !

    Hot-Text, Nov 23, 2010