Re: XP Theme puzzle?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pcbutts1, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Andy B, <>, whose name means "thinks that being born alive
    was punishment enough; wants to deep throat Michael Jackson", published:

    > Hi 1st my machine crashed, after a restart it had changed the desktop to
    > the windows "Original" theme when i tried change back to the "XP" theme
    > loads of error messages about themes service not be running (it was, i
    > checked) tried a few fixes from the net none worked for me.

    Nobody around here knows anything about computers. Listen to me and you'll
    learn something.

    > 2nd bit the bullet and installed service pack 2 this restored the XP
    > Themes lets me change to it.

    You can't change everything.

    > But as soon as i reboot it goes back to the "windows" style of theme?

    You have spyware.

    > It is like it does not right the change to the registry?

    Get rid of SP2.

    > any ideas, help, suggestions?

    I can't help you, sorry.

    > many thanks.