Re: XP stubbornly wants IP address 192.168.1.55 !

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by RJK, Aug 21, 2008.

  1. RJK

    RJK Guest

    ....oh my goodness, twas me not completeing my ISP user account name
    accurately !

    regards, Richard

    RJK, Aug 21, 2008

  2. "RJK" <> wrote in message
    > ...oh my goodness, twas me not completeing my ISP user account name
    > accurately !

    That was where I was going to go with this.
    The Linksysbox (or any NAT Device) will have *no idea* and will never
    detect, not ever "care" if you PCs behind it can get to the Internet or not.
    It only cares about itself,..so the red LED on the NAT box indicating that
    it had a problem with the Internet meant that there was soemthing casueing
    the NAT box itself to not be able to make a successful connection to the
    ISP.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com