Re: XP SP3 what a disaster

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 26, 2008.

  1. In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    write:

    > Have done XP updates in the Past and no problems XP SP3 RC1 installed OK,
    > but SP3 RC2 did not and had to reinstall XP.
    >
    > Now the same problem with the Final XP SP3, the real one not a P2P one..
    >
    > Went to a constant reboot after the first boot.

    So what are you going to do now? You refuse to consider Vista. You were
    going to stick with XP, but it appears SP3 has turned that into another
    disaster. What else is there?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 26, 2008

  2. In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    write:

    > On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 23:47:38 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    >>write:
    >>
    >>> Have done XP updates in the Past and no problems XP SP3 RC1 installed
    >>> OK, but SP3 RC2 did not and had to reinstall XP.
    >>>
    >>> Now the same problem with the Final XP SP3, the real one not a P2P
    >>> one..
    >>>
    >>> Went to a constant reboot after the first boot.

    >>So what are you going to do now? You refuse to consider Vista. You were
    >>going to stick with XP, but it appears SP3 has turned that into another
    >>disaster. What else is there?

    > Simple to Fix it, no other way to stay sane.

    Who is going to do that for you?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 27, 2008

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    J Brockley Guest

    > In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    > write:
    >
    >> Have done XP updates in the Past and no problems XP SP3 RC1 installed OK,
    >> but SP3 RC2 did not and had to reinstall XP.
    >>
    >> Now the same problem with the Final XP SP3, the real one not a P2P
    >> one..
    >>
    >> Went to a constant reboot after the first boot.

    > So what are you going to do now? You refuse to consider Vista. You were
    > going to stick with XP, but it appears SP3 has turned that into another
    > disaster. What else is there?

    It doesn't mean its a disaster it just means that if you don't want problems
    and your current installation is vital to you then wait until the final
    release as recommended. Quite simple really.
    J Brockley, Apr 27, 2008
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Sat, 2.6 Apr 2008 23:47:38 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    > write:
    >
    >> Have done XP updates in the Past and no problems XP SP3 RC1 installed OK,
    >> but SP3 RC2 did not and had to reinstall XP.
    >>
    >> Now the same problem with the Final XP SP3, the real one not a P2P one..
    >>
    >> Went to a constant reboot after the first boot.

    > So what are you going to do now? You refuse to consider Vista.

    Oh really. What's his beef with Visastor? I run Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit no
    less.

    -ws
    Will Spencer, Apr 28, 2008
  5. In article <>, Will Spencer did
    write:

    > What's his beef with Visastor? I run Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit
    > no less.

    You're like someone living in Baghdad, who's managed to get this far without
    ever being car-bombed, so why does everybody else keep saying there's a war
    on?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 28, 2008
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Cima Guest

    On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:33:26 +1200, Will Spencer <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 2.6 Apr 2008 23:47:38 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    >> write:
    >>
    >>> Have done XP updates in the Past and no problems XP SP3 RC1 installed OK,
    >>> but SP3 RC2 did not and had to reinstall XP.
    >>>
    >>> Now the same problem with the Final XP SP3, the real one not a P2P one..
    >>>
    >>> Went to a constant reboot after the first boot.

    >> So what are you going to do now? You refuse to consider Vista.

    >Oh really. What's his beef with Visastor? I run Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit no
    >less.

    He could always go back to 98.
    Cima, Apr 28, 2008
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:56:45 +1200, Cima wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:33:26 +1200, Will Spencer <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 2.6 Apr 2008 23:47:38 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    >>> write:

    >>> So what are you going to do now? You refuse to consider Vista.

    >>Oh really. What's his beef with Visastor? I run Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit no
    >>less.
    >>

    > He could always go back to 98.

    Well yea that would be better than resorting to Linux.

    -ws
    Will Spencer, Apr 28, 2008