Re: XP SP3: Simultaneous dual-band wireless connection supported?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Pavel A., Aug 8, 2009.

  1. Pavel A.

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > The kb at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899337 is supposedly in XP SP3
    > (and indeed my versions of the files are greater than the versions listed)
    > and supposedly allows simultaneous dual-band 802.11n connections. I have
    > setup 3 802.11n dual band cards using WZC and have never seen where the
    > "second" simultaneous band can be configured.
    >
    > My Linksys WRT600n is properly setup with both bands, and both are working
    > properly. Advanced Properties of the dual band cards shows all bands are
    > enabled. Am I missing something?

    Not supported. One adapter can connect only to one channel (frequency)
    at any time.

    ( in theory, adapters can be made "virtualized" or time-multiplexed among
    several channels, but such products for WinXP are not known)
    --pa
    Pavel A., Aug 8, 2009