Re: XP software

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by smackedass, Dec 3, 2007.

  1. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    Richard,

    I feel your pain, and still feel it from time to time...

    try http://www.bittorrent.com/

    But first, I would suggest to wait a day or 2 and find some angle that you
    would "need" to call him, and tactfully ask him if he JUST MIGHT have found
    the disks somewhere. Too many times have I wasted my own time worrying
    about finding the right disk, the right 25 character code, etc., only to
    return the computer to the customer who smiles waving the bag of disks, and
    says, "look what I just found!". And, if it's an OEM edition and if he find
    it, you just saved yourself a decent chunk of time, as you won't need to
    worry about anything that I've penned below this.

    Second of all, if it's XP Pro, you'll need an XP Pro disk, if it's Home
    Edition, you'll need a Home Edition disk.

    Third of all, if the label states "Windows XP" without stating "Service Pack
    2", you're better off finding an XP disk that is not Service Pack 2; if it's
    Service Pack two, the opposite applies. I believe (but I'm not sure) that
    you can install XP sans SP2 on a machine with an SP2 tag, but not vice
    versa.

    Yes, this can be some confusing shit.

    And, last but not least, even if you do have the best disk, and if the
    installation "takes" the 25 character code, you may get shot down when you
    get online and go to activate the installed OS. In that case, you'll need
    to contact Microsoft; follow the prompts, and they will issue you ANOTHER
    code. Enter that code; it probably will NOT take, either. Then, you'll
    need to speak to a rep; I've NEVER been shot down by a rep. But, while they
    generate the new code, they will have a list of questions to ask you while
    it's being generated. Some of the questions may include, "Where was the
    computer purchased?", "On how many systems is the software installed?" (duh,
    the answer to that one has to be "One").

    *If worse comes to worse, and if you can't find the appropriate disk, email
    me privately and I can PROBABLY send you what you need, though I'm flat
    broke and will ask for package and postage reimbursement.

    Best wishes, let us know how you make out with this,

    smackedass

    smackedass, Dec 3, 2007

  2. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    "Richard" <nomailplease.com> wrote in message
    > It works with different cd and it the cd key on the case. Thank bro.

    Glad to hear it worked out ok.

    sa

    smackedass, Dec 6, 2007