Re: XP problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Incognito, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. Incognito

    Incognito Guest

    Check the "View" pulldown menu from the top of the window. Select "Explorer
    Bar" and make sure "Search" has a check mark next to it.

    "Jagdeep Cruellruby" <> wrote in message
    > XP Home. Within the last few weeks I've noticed a problem with the
    > "Search" option launched from the Start menu. That is, when I want
    > to look for a file on my computer, normally I would go to the start
    > menu button at the bottom of my screen, choose "search" from the
    > menu, then choose "For files and folders..." off that menu. Then it
    > would take me to a screen where I could choose further options.
    >
    > Now when I go to "Search" and choose "For files and folders...", it
    > takes me to a blank screen, like a blank web page... I have no idea
    > what's caused this to happen or how to fix it. Can anyone help?
    >
    > JC

    ---

    Incognito, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Thx for the suggestion. I've tried it. It doesn't seem to make a
    difference. Any other ideas?

    JC

    Jagdeep Cruellruby, Jul 2, 2003