Re: XP password question.

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Bill, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Hi SBFan2000,

    I've had luck with this in a 2k machine. Install the drive as an
    additional drive in a machine you have access to. Then, on the locked
    out drive, find \windows\system32\config\sam and rename it
    \windows\system32\config\sam.old

    Now, when you boot from that drive, the administrator password will be
    empty.

    If it doesn't work, reverse the procedure and you have lost nothing.

    Bill

    Bill, Jun 18, 2004