Re: XP password question.

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Martin, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:58:55 -0400, "SBFan2000"
    <> wrote:

    >I took in a computer from a doctor I work with that was not booting. The
    >CPU was lose and I fixed that but now he wants to to add/remove some files
    >and programs. When I asked the XP password he said that he had the computer
    >loaned out for quite a while and doesn't know the password. I know there
    >has to be a way to bypass the password. Can someone instruct me on how to
    >do it. E-mail if you like.
    >
    >Glenn
    >A+

    This is a simple task.
    Go to this link and get the free program, and create the boot disk.
    The are
    image files for either floppy of CD boot disks. You can then reset the
    password in about 30 seconds. :)

    If the system has encrypted files (efs), you'll need the original
    password,
    and have to use a program like saminside or LC4 (lophtcrack) to get
    the
    actual password from the sam file. This may take some time
    It's all very simple to do on XP, and any tech should know how to do
    this
    because people forget their passwords and get locked out all the time.
    Martin, Jun 2, 2004