Re: XP password question.

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by PlazticSoul, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. PlazticSoul

    PlazticSoul Guest

    "SBFan2000" <> wrote in message
    >I took in a computer from a doctor I work with that was not booting. The
    > CPU was lose and I fixed that but now he wants to to add/remove some files
    > and programs. When I asked the XP password he said that he had the
    > computer
    > loaned out for quite a while and doesn't know the password. I know there
    > has to be a way to bypass the password. Can someone instruct me on how to
    > do it. E-mail if you like.
    >
    > Glenn
    > A+

    I'd like to know this too, if it is possible. If you find out a way, charge
    this doctor a lot extra because it's his/her fault! If it were me I would
    just say, sorry but you shouldn't have your username blocked with a password
    if you can't remember it!! And then do a clean install. I am assuming you've
    already tried booting to Safe Mode and see if the main Administrator account
    (if it is different than his personalized user account) is
    password-protected? Of course it SHOULD be, but you wouldn't believe how
    many people are in such a hurry installing Windows that they fail to put a
    password over the one place where it really counts!

    PlazticSoul, Jun 2, 2004