Re: XP password question.

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tom MacIntyre, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:58:55 -0400, "SBFan2000"
    <> wrote:

    >I took in a computer from a doctor I work with that was not booting. The
    >CPU was lose and I fixed that but now he wants to to add/remove some files
    >and programs. When I asked the XP password he said that he had the computer
    >loaned out for quite a while and doesn't know the password. I know there
    >has to be a way to bypass the password. Can someone instruct me on how to
    >do it. E-mail if you like.
    >
    >Glenn
    >A+

    XP Home or Pro? I think Home pretty much has a back door, if there's
    no Administrator password set up. You might find something on an HP
    tech support site. This may also be my undependable memory foging up
    again, though.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 1, 2004

  2. On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:35:21 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:58:55 -0400, "SBFan2000"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I took in a computer from a doctor I work with that was not booting. The
    >>CPU was lose and I fixed that but now he wants to to add/remove some files
    >>and programs. When I asked the XP password he said that he had the computer
    >>loaned out for quite a while and doesn't know the password. I know there
    >>has to be a way to bypass the password. Can someone instruct me on how to
    >>do it. E-mail if you like.
    >>
    >>Glenn
    >>A+
    >>

    >XP Home or Pro? I think Home pretty much has a back door, if there's
    >no Administrator password set up. You might find something on an HP
    >tech support site. This may also be my undependable memory foging up
    >again, though.
    >
    >Tom

    Fogging up...can't spell anymore either. :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 1, 2004