Re: XP or Vista

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov, Aug 26, 2009.

  1. Guest

    wrote:

    >I'm considering a new desktop. I see that just about everything is coming
    >preloaded with Vista. I've been using Windows XP Pro for about five years and
    >I'm hesitant to switch to Vista, especially since I've heard that a lot of my
    >software might not work with Vista. Can I get some opinions of XP versus Vista,
    >pros and cons? Thanks.

    Stick with XP

    vista's dead, just wait for windows 7 to be released. W7 will have a
    virtual program so you will be able to run XP, and as far as I know
    all the programs XP will run. http://tinyurl.com/dg22sm

    "Windows 7 Release Date is 22nd October 2009" google

    --

    Don't think so...
    http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/Arch02/1105715357.jpg

    , Aug 26, 2009

  2. Star@*.* Guest

    On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:10:36 -0700, wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>I'm considering a new desktop. I see that just about everything is coming
    >>preloaded with Vista. I've been using Windows XP Pro for about five years and
    >>I'm hesitant to switch to Vista, especially since I've heard that a lot of my
    >>software might not work with Vista. Can I get some opinions of XP versus Vista,
    >>pros and cons? Thanks.

    >Stick with XP
    >
    >vista's dead, just wait for windows 7 to be released. W7 will have a
    >virtual program so you will be able to run XP, and as far as I know
    >all the programs XP will run. http://tinyurl.com/dg22sm
    >
    >"Windows 7 Release Date is 22nd October 2009" google

    Only if you purchase the Win7 Professional or Ultimate version = more
    money.

    Home or Home Premium do not have this feature.

    Art

    Star@*.*, Aug 27, 2009

  3. Guest

    Star@*.* wrote:

    >On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:10:36 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm considering a new desktop. I see that just about everything is coming
    >>>preloaded with Vista. I've been using Windows XP Pro for about five years and
    >>>I'm hesitant to switch to Vista, especially since I've heard that a lot of my
    >>>software might not work with Vista. Can I get some opinions of XP versus Vista,
    >>>pros and cons? Thanks.

    >>Stick with XP
    >>
    >>vista's dead, just wait for windows 7 to be released. W7 will have a
    >>virtual program so you will be able to run XP, and as far as I know
    >>all the programs XP will run. http://tinyurl.com/dg22sm
    >>
    >>"Windows 7 Release Date is 22nd October 2009" google

    >Only if you purchase the Win7 Professional or Ultimate version = more
    >money.
    >Home or Home Premium do not have this feature.
    >
    >Art

    All of them should be able to do it with Vmware (the free version).
    http://www.brothersoft.com/vmware-player-63807.html
    Create your XP disk to a .VMX file, Or ghost your XP installation,
    create a .VMX file from that.
    http://www.virtualization.info/2005/12/guide-to-create-vmx-files-for-vmware.html

    --

    Heavy transport chopper, plus a little dust and a touch of static electricity
    http://www.hardocp.com/images/news/1251294619P4hIDhKw3c_1_1_l.jpg

    , Aug 27, 2009