Re: XP not closing

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by William Brown, Jan 15, 2011.

  1. On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 23:00:22 +1300, "B Roberts" <>
    wrote:

    >I have noticed that when I turn off my computor
    >it sometimes keeps running and I have to turn
    >it off at the wall.
    >Can someone suggest a cure for this?
    >I am running XP.
    >
    >Help would be appreciated.
    >
    >Cheers

    THAT IS A BIG NO ! use the power button on the PC to turn it off.

    As you will corrupt your hard drive.
    William Brown, Jan 15, 2011

  2. William Brown

    TheBiker Guest

    On 15/01/2011 11:54 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 23:00:22 +1300, "B Roberts"<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have noticed that when I turn off my computor
    >> it sometimes keeps running and I have to turn
    >> it off at the wall.
    >> Can someone suggest a cure for this?
    >> I am running XP.
    >>
    >> Help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>

    > THAT IS A BIG NO ! use the power button on the PC to turn it off.
    >

    > As you will corrupt your hard drive.

    Download this and use it to check for spyware etc. You might be
    surprised how many of them Superantispyware finds.
    TheBiker, Jan 15, 2011

  3. William Brown

    TheBiker Guest

    Here's the link....http://www.superantispyware.com/