Re: XP lockout problem

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Michael D. Alligood, Jan 31, 2007.

  1. Yeah, I am a little confused as well. You said > My local admin account
    is locked and for some reason i cant even get into the domain account
    either. The utility, when booted, should allow you to unlock/change the
    local password for any machine; including on joined to a domain.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 31, 2007

  2. The local administrator account is locked. The PC is joined to the domain
    /active directory. I can not login to the domain account either for some
    reason (the message doesn't say i'm locked out though). It says it can't
    find the domain controller.

    blah

    When using that tool you directed me towards, it locks up halfway through
    and just stops. I can't get the admin account unlocked.

    Keith Chilton, Jan 31, 2007

  3. Does it lock up in the same place? If so, where? Also, per your issue
    not being able to log on to the domain; have you checked the physical
    layer? Meaning does your computer have physical access to the domain
    controller? Have you checked out the NIC? The wiring? LED lights?

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 31, 2007
  4. ya i checked that out and the physical layer was fine. i'm working on this
    tommorow morning first thing probably in the morning. i'll write down the
    exact error message. i kind of did this at the end of the day today. real
    great way to end the day

    Keith Chilton, Jan 31, 2007
  5. Are you running Windows 2000 SP2 or higher on your DC? There was an
    issue with pre-Windows 2000 SP2 server getting "bogged" down with
    time-sensitive UDP LDAP requests. Client computers for the most part use
    UDP LDAP pings to locate a DC. If your DC is under heavy load, the UDP
    LDAP requests expire causing your issue. Service Pack 2 fixed this issue
    with Windows 2000 Servers.

    It is a long shot, but thought I would toss that out there.

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 31, 2007
  6. nope it's 2000 Server SP4

    The message when you try to logon to the domain (using any domain account i
    try) is

    Windows cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is
    down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not
    found. Please try again later. If this message continues to appear contact
    your System Administrator for assistance.

    I am going to try a couple more things but I'm about to give up and just
    hook the hard drive up as a slave to recover the data on it then start the
    clean install.
    --
    Keith Chilton - Data Services Technician / Proof Operator
    River Valley Financial Bank

    Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any opinions or advice
    contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions in any
    applicable client engagement letter or agreement.

    Keith Chilton, Jan 31, 2007