Re: XP licence - accidently wrong licence - can i change

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VanguardLH, May 17, 2010.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    brillo wrote:

    > Iwas setting up 3 computers with XP
    > after clearing hard disks to start again
    >
    > In error I have ended up using same licence
    > on two different computers , do i have to
    > fdisk and start all over again ?,,, too time consuming
    > is there a way of chnageing licence code , easy and free ?

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:support.microsoft.com change license key

    Notice the use of the 'site' operator to keep the search within
    Microsoft's support knowledgebase (and also to keep out the noise from
    their Communities newsgroups since Microsoft doesn't obey they own
    option when using their search).

    2nd result was for KB article 810892.

    VanguardLH, May 17, 2010