Re: XP licence - accidently wrong licence - can i change

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, May 12, 2010.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    brillo wrote:
    > Iwas setting up 3 computers with XP
    > after clearing hard disks to start again
    >
    > In error I have ended up using same licence
    > on tow different computers , do want to have to
    > fdisk and start all over again ,,, too time consuming
    > is there a way of chnageing licence code , easy and free ?

    Read this page^1 carefully - noting the difference between an install
    from a MS install disk and an OEM.

    ^1 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328874/ How to change the Volume
    Licensing product key on a computer that is running Windows XP Service
    Pack 1 and later versions of Windows XP

    Alternatively, read this Digg Magical Jelly Bean page^2 and especially
    all of the comments which are below on the page.

    http://peek.snipr.com/w6jzt How to Change Windows XP Product Key or
    Serial and Registration Information - The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder
    is a freeware utility that retrieves your Product Key (cd key) used to
    install windows from your registry and allows you to change windows
    product key or serial and registration information.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, May 12, 2010