Re: XP Installation Problem

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by John P. Dearing, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. Hen wrote:
    > HI all
    > I'm installing a pc that was previously installed .Linux and xp home.
    > After deleting the whole partitions(both that of linux and xp)I recreated a
    > new one for xp and i tried to install xp but after coping files it reboots
    > and searches to boot from CDrom after it stops and says 'no operating found
    > to boot or something like operating system missing
    > what could be the problem and can be done?

    Previous Linux partitions can be a bear to deal with and completely get
    rid of.

    I have used a utility called AEFDISK in the past. It is a command line
    utility now up to version 2.2. You can get it as shareware thru
    download.com.

    Put it on a Win98 boot disk and use the /DELALL command to completely
    and totally wipe a hard drive. It removes all kinds of partitions,
    Linux, NTFS, FAT16, FAT32, you name it.

    It's $30 to register which gets *all* of the commands operational.

    John
    --
    John P. Dearing
    A+, Network+, Server+