Re: XP Firewall sufficient by itself?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by A, May 27, 2005.

  1. A

    A Guest

    Hi again: Firewall: McAfee RULES OK!!! The McAfee firewall test says I am
    invisible. XP SP2 is ok for folks that don't want to pay (I hope): As
    regards XP SP1 quickest worm infection I have seen is 30 seconds during
    connecting to diallup signup!!! Norton IS is a resource hog and increases
    boot time by about a minute. Zone Alarm - not tried it but have mentioned it
    to clients. PS. Have you tried explaining to retired folk that their new PC
    out of the box for 2 days with non activated XP SP2 & NIS needs 20MB of MS
    critical updates and 30MB NIS updates @ 4 minutes per MB @ your hourly rate?
    I am getting more and more call outs from people who have bought a new PC
    and don't know what to do next.

    A, May 27, 2005

  2. A

    AG Guest

    "A" <> wrote in message
    > Hi again: Firewall: McAfee RULES OK!!! The McAfee firewall test says I am
    > invisible. XP SP2 is ok for folks that don't want to pay (I hope): As
    > regards XP SP1 quickest worm infection I have seen is 30 seconds during
    > connecting to diallup signup!!! Norton IS is a resource hog and increases
    > boot time by about a minute. Zone Alarm - not tried it but have mentioned
    > it to clients. PS. Have you tried explaining to retired folk that their
    > new PC out of the box for 2 days with non activated XP SP2 & NIS needs
    > 20MB of MS critical updates and 30MB NIS updates @ 4 minutes per MB @ your
    > hourly rate? I am getting more and more call outs from people who have
    > bought a new PC and don't know what to do next.

    That's when you pop in your handy dandy MS CD with all the updates on it.
    Takes minutes instead of hours.

    AG
    AG, May 28, 2005