Re: XP cannot renew IP address

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Patrick Michael, May 19, 2005.

  1. "smackedass" <> wrote in message
    news:Bc2je.4486$...

    >> Have you used the Winsock fix too?

    > There's the Winsock fix at the MS site that I may try today, after I look
    > at the System Information.
    >
    > Am also open to suggestions for third-party Winsock fixes, I know there
    > were some posted here a while back, but I don't remember them.

    I've had good luck with LSPFix - http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm. Since you
    removed a lot of spyware, I wouldn't be surprised if this is your problem.
    Usually it manifests itself as screwing up DHCP leases, which sounds like
    the problem that PC is having.

    Patrick Michael, May 19, 2005

  2. Patrick Michael

    AG Guest

    >> I've had good luck with LSPFix - http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm. Since
    >> you
    >> removed a lot of spyware, I wouldn't be surprised if this is your
    >> problem. Usually it manifests itself as screwing up DHCP leases, which
    >> sounds like the problem that PC is having.

    > Thanks. I'll try that.
    >
    > Am holding my breath on this one, because my Google search turned up a lot
    > of results, some people are able to fix it, others aren't, and the people
    > that did fix it seemed to use different approaches!
    >
    > smackedass

    Try this one.

    http://www.tacktech.com/pub/winsockfix/WinsockFix.zip

    I've used it lots of times and it usually works.

    AG

    AG, May 20, 2005