Re: XP 64 in Deutsch

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Markus Eckelt, May 10, 2005.

  1. So, if I buy a new PC with the german MUI pack, will I also be able to have
    an english interface for a user? Or will it be german-only?

    Regards
    Markus Eckelt

    "Bruno Lewin [MS]" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Jean-Baptiste,
    >
    > > I've got the PC yet, and I just need the French MUI Pack.

    > I should have been more specific: Windows *with* the MUI Pack could be

    part
    > of your new hardware purchase. Unfortunately I don't know of any way of
    > getting just the MUI Pack that would work for you.
    >
    > --
    > Bruno Lewin [MSFT]

    rights.
    > Ce message est fourni en l'état, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et ne vous
    > confère aucun droit. Vous assumez tous les risques liés à son utilisation.
    >

    > "NNBXX" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > >
    > > Hi Bruno,
    > >
    > > Thank you very much for all this information.
    > > Nevertheless, when you write "with purchase of new hardware", do you

    mean
    > > new PC, or just a piece of qualifying hardware, the same way that one

    can
    > > purchase an OEM copy of Windows XP ?
    > >
    > > I've got the PC yet, and I just need the French MUI Pack.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Jean-Baptiste Faure
    > >

    > > "Bruno Lewin [MS]" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi / Hallo / Bonsoir,

    > > > - Multilingual User Interface Packs ("MUI Packs") will indeed be

    > available
    > > > to cover languages other than English & Japanese. These will be

    specific
    > > > x64.
    > > >
    > > > - They will be available via volume licensing, MSDN or with purchase

    of
    > > > new
    > > > hardware (OEM)
    > > >
    > > > - First MUI Pack (German & Japanese) has been released to

    manufacturing
    > > > last
    > > > week. I'm not sure about actual availabilty date. Other languages are

    in

    Markus Eckelt, May 10, 2005

  2. If it's a MUI pack then yes you should be able to see English as well, see
    the following link for more information (this link does not specifically
    detail x64 MUI but has MUI general Q&A):

    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx

    BTW Markus you'll want to read the new x64 FAQ that will be posted later
    today, it has MUI information in it as well.

    -Joe Swart [MSFT]

    Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
    newsgroups.

    Joe Swart [MSFT], May 10, 2005

  3. Thanks for the answer.

    Well, as I gather from this newsgroup (actually, news pages indicate this as
    well), there will be no localised german version which should automatically
    mean that it is a MUI pack. ;-)

    Anyways, it'll be interesting to see how and when things progress in the
    future.

    Markus

    "Joe Swart [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > If it's a MUI pack then yes you should be able to see English as well, see
    > the following link for more information (this link does not specifically
    > detail x64 MUI but has MUI general Q&A):
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx
    >

    > BTW Markus you'll want to read the new x64 FAQ that will be posted later
    > today, it has MUI information in it as well.
    >
    > -Joe Swart [MSFT]

    rights.
    > Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
    > newsgroups.
    >

    > "Markus Eckelt" <> wrote in message
    > > So, if I buy a new PC with the german MUI pack, will I also be able to

    > have
    > > an english interface for a user? Or will it be german-only?
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > Markus Eckelt
    > >

    > > "Bruno Lewin [MS]" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi Jean-Baptiste,

    > > > I should have been more specific: Windows *with* the MUI Pack could be

    > > part
    > > > of your new hardware purchase. Unfortunately I don't know of any way

    of
    > > > getting just the MUI Pack that would work for you.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Bruno Lewin [MSFT]

    > > rights.
    > > > Ce message est fourni en l'état, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et ne

    > vous
    > > > confère aucun droit. Vous assumez tous les risques liés à son

    > utilisation.
    > > >

    > > > "NNBXX" <> a écrit dans le message de

    > > mean

    one
    > > can

    > > > available

    > > specific

    purchase
    > > of

    > > manufacturing

    > are
    > > in

    no

    Markus Eckelt, May 10, 2005
  4. Thank you for the answer. ;-)

    Well, since there is only going to be a german MUI pack instead of a fully
    localised version I hope they won't disable the english menu.

    P.S.: I can see no sign of a x64 FAQ yet.

    > If it's a MUI pack then yes you should be able to see English as well, see
    > the following link for more information (this link does not specifically
    > detail x64 MUI but has MUI general Q&A):
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx
    >

    > BTW Markus you'll want to read the new x64 FAQ that will be posted later
    > today, it has MUI information in it as well.
    >
    > -Joe Swart [MSFT]

    rights.

    Markus Eckelt, May 11, 2005