RE: x64 license - Why is it so restrictive ?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?TURLXzE4Nw==?=, May 10, 2005.

  1. Try using the trial version!! Windows update doesn't work at all !! As far as
    drivers..
    If your MoBo uses a realtek audio codec, they have a driver that works
    great!! Using it on my AMD64 based sys. For video, VIA has drivers for
    onboard (K8M800) video and nVidia has 64bit drivers (both are non-beta's).
    ATI sucks, and so do their drivers, and they don't have 64bit either.

    I do agree with you about anti-virus and firewalls. AVG & ZoneAlarm don't
    work. My hardware monitor software doesn't work. XP64 is a great OS, but it's
    going to be basically useless for about a year until the industry catches up.

    =?Utf-8?B?TURLXzE4Nw==?=, May 10, 2005

  2. Hi,

    ATI has x64 drivers here:
    https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

    Symantec AV Corp. 10 and Avast both have x64 versions as well. Don't get
    me wrong, I'm not justifying the lack of support, I'm just offering an
    alternative.

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 10, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TURLXzE4Nw==?=

    ocbwilg Guest

    "MDK_187" <> wrote in message
    > Try using the trial version!! Windows update doesn't work at all !! As far
    > as
    > drivers..

    If you are referring to the CPP or beta versions, that's because any updates
    were released via a new build instead of a patch. I suspect that the trial
    version of the gold code will work just fine with Windows Update, since it
    has been stated here several times that the only difference between the
    trial and the release code is the timebomb.

    ocbwilg, May 10, 2005