Re: X Drive II won't work under Win98SE

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jchase, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. jchase

    jchase Guest

    gsum wrote:
    > Do you mean the X'S drive - a USB storage device?
    >
    > USB is not well supported by WIN 98. I had a similar
    > problem with a USB card reader due to contention
    > with a USB CD drive. The (partial) solution was to
    > unplug the CD drive (the drivers do not need to be removed) if I wanted to
    > use the reader - not very
    > convenient. You might also need to re-install the
    > X-drive.
    >
    > Graham

    I've currently got 4 devices on USB- scanner, printer, card reader, Palm
    cradle- and no problems on Win98SE.

    I did give up on a USB mouse- apparently the volume of mouse traffic was
    enough to interfere with the others devices.

    jchase, Jul 10, 2003