Re: WTF is Roy?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dave Barry, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. Dave Barry

    Dave Barry Guest

    wrote:
    > Seems to me you need to read up on the correct methods of debating.
    > People on the same side don't demand proof from one another because
    > they know they're right already. (until proven otherwise)

    Seems to me you're completely full of shit.

    KKKohlmann, Willy Boaster, Mark Kunt, and 7, among others, make claims
    completely contrary to reason, or common sense.

    Not once have you ever stepped up to the plate to dispute their claims,
    which have been dubious at best.

    Sadly, intellectual dishonesty is not limited to cola.

    Here's one where Respondant pimp slaps your beloved William Poaster:

    ******
    From: "Respondant" <>

    In news:p,
    William Poaster <> claimed:

    > This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on Wed, 30 Aug
    > 2006 11:56:26 -0400, SgtMinor wrote:
    >
    >>> Respondant wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    >> The longer you persist with this line of argument, the dumber you're
    >> going to look. Perhaps not 100% dumb, but dumb enough.

    > Too late, he's just kept digging his hole.
    >
    >> From: http://economics.about.com/cs/microeconomics/a/monopoly.htm
    >>
    >> "Features of a Monopoly
    >>
    >> When we discuss a monopoly, or oligopoly, etc. we're discussing the
    >> market for a particular type of product, such as toasters or DVD
    >> players. In the textbook case of a monopoly, there is only one firm
    >> producing the good.
    >>
    >> In a real world monopoly, such as the operating system monopoly,
    >> there is one firm that provides the overwhelming majority of sales
    >> (Microsoft), and a handful of small companies that have little or no
    >> impact on the dominant firm."
    >>
    >> Most of us live in the real world.

    > Judge Thomas Penfield said:

    Assuming you were referencing this dude?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Penfield_Jackson

    "He is perhaps best known to the public as the presiding judge in the United
    States v. Microsoft case, where his controversial handling of the case was
    the subject of discussion by both legal professionals and the media alike.
    The judge's conduct during the case was later found to have unfairly favored
    the prosecution. This, along with his inappropriate public statements about
    the Microsoft Corporation and its employees while the case was still
    pending, eventually resulted in his removal from the case by the United
    States Court of Appeals. Speaking about Microsoft executives, he compared
    them to "gangland killers" and "stubborn mules who should be walloped with a
    two-by-four". The judge also characterized Microsoft leader and co-founder
    Bill Gates as "unethical" as well as comparing him to a "drug trafficker"
    and Napoleon. Statements of this nature by a presiding judge while the case
    is still being argued are considered to be a violation of ethical judicial
    conduct and were later found to have compromised the integrity of the
    judicial process."

    You sure you wanna saddle THAT horse? LOL!

    ******
    "The ruling was overturned by the U.S. Court of Appeals, which criticised
    Jackson's conduct. In part, the court found "the actions of the trial judge
    seriously tainted the proceedings before the District Court and called into
    question the integrity of the judicial process." [1]

    "Statements of this nature by a presiding judge while the case
    is still being argued are considered to be a violation of ethical judicial
    conduct and were later found to have compromised the integrity of the
    judicial process."

    Of course Willy krillfiles him within hours.

    Another example:

    From: Roy
    couple of black eyes and no penis, assuming he even has one."

    This coming from the same guy who witnessed a crime several weeks back, yet
    did nothing.

    I wouldn't piss on the best part of schestowitz if he were alight.

    Missed that post did ya boi, or do you share his opinion ?

    --
    Rejuvenate your hardware with GNU/Linux!

    Dave Barry, Sep 19, 2006

  2. Dave Barry

    Guest

    Dave Barry <dave@127.0.0.1> did eloquently scribble:
    > wrote:
    >> Seems to me you need to read up on the correct methods of debating.
    >> People on the same side don't demand proof from one another because
    >> they know they're right already. (until proven otherwise)

    > Seems to me you're completely full of shit.

    > KKKohlmann, Willy Boaster, Mark Kunt, and 7, among others, make claims
    > completely contrary to reason, or common sense.

    Examples please?

    > Not once have you ever stepped up to the plate to dispute their claims,
    > which have been dubious at best.

    Why would I?
    I don't recall reading anything they said being dubious
    So. paste a few proper examples next time.
    Why would I jump on someone when I have no interest in what they're saying
    in that particular thread?

    I certainly didn't read those threads... whatever the hell they were about.
    Presumably one was about microsoft's monopoly, what was the other wbout?
    Hmmm?

    Perhaps about people being insulting on usenet because they're insulated
    from personal risk. If someone said half the things they say to people here
    in a pub, they WOULD get punched in the face.

    > Missed that post did ya boi, or do you share his opinion ?

    As I have no idea of context, I couldn't possibly comment either way.
    And so what if someone witnessed a crime (no idea what that crime was...
    mugging, car theft, parking on a double yellow line, perhaps?)

    Would you interfere with a mugging personally, jump in any play hero?
    (at the risk of your own life?)

    Or would you sneak around a corner and call the police?

    Or would you just do nothing?
    | |in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which you|
    | in |good to you so far... |

    , Sep 19, 2006

  3. Dave Barry

    Hadron Quark Guest

    writes:

    > Dave Barry <dave@127.0.0.1> did eloquently scribble:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Seems to me you need to read up on the correct methods of debating.
    >>> People on the same side don't demand proof from one another because
    >>> they know they're right already. (until proven otherwise)

    >> Seems to me you're completely full of shit.

    >> KKKohlmann, Willy Boaster, Mark Kunt, and 7, among others, make claims
    >> completely contrary to reason, or common sense.

    > Examples please?

    I just love this "defense". Anyone who reads their posts need not bother
    to look up any examples. Its a given.

    But heres one : ask Flatfish about Köhlmanns claims about
    anti-aliasing. That's a goody. Or closer to home about you stating that
    it was "not a file" :-;

    Hadron Quark, Sep 19, 2006