Re: Writing photos to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by eeb912, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. eeb912

    eeb912 Guest

    Thanks for all the responses. I knew it wouldn't be difficult, I just
    couldn't figure out how to do it.

    Liz

    "eeb912" <> wrote in message
    > The guy at Best Buy told me that the best way to store photos is on DVD.
    > Ok, I have a DVD burner in my computer but can't figure out how to write
    > photos onto it. When I write photos to a CD, I go into "My Pictures"

    (using
    > Windows XP), pick write photos to CD and poof, onto the CD they go. I

    tried
    > this with a DVD in the burner and no go. (I didn't really expect it to
    > work.) I have Studio Version 8 and I know how to write a DVD using that,
    > but the photos aren't accessible individually for editing, printing, etc.
    > It just shows a slide show of the photos I have put together.
    >
    > Does anybody know how to do this? I just want a folder of photos on there
    > that I can access as if they were on a CD. Do I need to get new software
    > for this? I looked at the DVD software that came with the computer and

    all

    eeb912, Jul 23, 2003

  2. eeb912

    Guest

    How did you go about putting pics onto
    CDs without using Roxio??? My computer
    will not access the cd=rom. I have to go
    through Roxio, instead of highlighting a
    photo and sending it to CD...how did you
    get yours set up to do that?? Thanks for
    any info you might have for me.
    I ha Dell with Windows XP.
    Rachell
    My cd-rom is drive D

    , Jul 24, 2003

  3. eeb912

    eeb912 Guest

    You can probably tell from my posts that I'm a little bit clueless about how
    my computer works, but this is how I do it:
    - go to "My Pictures".
    - select the folder where the pictures you want to save are.
    - select the pictures that you want to save.
    - click on "Copy pictures to CD"
    - you'll get a balloon that says "you have files waiting to be written to
    CD", click on the balloon
    - you'll see the files you have selected listed, put a blank cd in the
    drive and click write these files to CD, follow the directions from there.

    I guess this is a Windows thing, not a Roxio thing.

    I also have a Dell computer with Windows XP and this is how I have always
    done it. I tend to learn by trial and error and ignore anything I do not
    need to know. My old computer had Windows 2000 and I installed the CD
    burner myself and had to use Nero to copy the files. I like this way
    better.

    Liz

    eeb912, Jul 24, 2003