Re: Writing photos to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jim Townsend, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Jim Townsend

    Jim Townsend Guest

    eeb912 wrote:

    > The guy at Best Buy told me that the best way to store photos is on DVD.
    > Ok, I have a DVD burner in my computer but can't figure out how to write
    > photos onto it. When I write photos to a CD, I go into "My Pictures" (using
    > Windows XP), pick write photos to CD and poof, onto the CD they go. I tried
    > this with a DVD in the burner and no go. (I didn't really expect it to
    > work.) I have Studio Version 8 and I know how to write a DVD using that,
    > but the photos aren't accessible individually for editing, printing, etc.
    > It just shows a slide show of the photos I have put together.
    >
    > Does anybody know how to do this? I just want a folder of photos on there
    > that I can access as if they were on a CD. Do I need to get new software
    > for this? I looked at the DVD software that came with the computer and all
    > it does is play DVD's.

    This should work.. I use my DVD burner to archive photos. At 4.7 Gigabytes
    per disk, you can hold a lot of pictures :)

    Does your DVD burner have provisions to write your DVD as a data disk ? If so,
    slect that and just move the jpeg files over as files.

    Another option (if your DVD burner & software supports it), is to set the drive
    up for packet writing.. Once done, you can format the disk and copy files to
    it just like you would a floppy disk..
    Jim Townsend, Jul 23, 2003