Re: Writing photos to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by owenpevans, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. owenpevans

    owenpevans Guest

    try a software package which uses current driver updates for new drives on
    the market like EasyCDCreator 6
    http://www.roxio.com/en/index.jhtml;jsessionid=VKLQKPAYW2TSLLAQAMHRVQVMCACAWIV0?_requestid=380353
    Hope this helps

    --
    Owen P. Evans
    J.33.3

    "eeb912" <> wrote in message
    > The guy at Best Buy told me that the best way to store photos is on DVD.
    > Ok, I have a DVD burner in my computer but can't figure out how to write
    > photos onto it. When I write photos to a CD, I go into "My Pictures"

    (using
    > Windows XP), pick write photos to CD and poof, onto the CD they go. I

    tried
    > this with a DVD in the burner and no go. (I didn't really expect it to
    > work.) I have Studio Version 8 and I know how to write a DVD using that,
    > but the photos aren't accessible individually for editing, printing, etc.
    > It just shows a slide show of the photos I have put together.
    >
    > Does anybody know how to do this? I just want a folder of photos on there
    > that I can access as if they were on a CD. Do I need to get new software
    > for this? I looked at the DVD software that came with the computer and

    all

    owenpevans, Jul 23, 2003

  2. owenpevans

    eeb912 Guest

    Amazing! Thank you very much. It turns out that I had Roxio EasyCDCreator
    version 5 already installed on my computer and never tried using it since
    the Windows one worked just fine for me. They need to call it
    CDandDVDCreator for people like me who need everything to be obvious.

    I think I can fit all 3900 jpegs of my son's baseball season onto 3 DVD's.
    Yay!

    Liz

    eeb912, Jul 23, 2003

  3. owenpevans

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:16:35 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "eeb912"
    <> wrote:

    >Amazing! Thank you very much. It turns out that I had Roxio EasyCDCreator
    >version 5 already installed on my computer and never tried using it since
    >the Windows one worked just fine for me. They need to call it
    >CDandDVDCreator for people like me who need everything to be obvious.

    That's version 6. Version 5 was created before DVD burners were common,
    maybe even before they were really available. Compatibility with DVD drives
    was added through patches. Be sure you have the latest patches installed.

    >I think I can fit all 3900 jpegs of my son's baseball season onto 3 DVD's.

    Hopefully in at least some kind of directory hierarchy to help you find a
    given image easier.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Jul 24, 2003
  4. owenpevans

    owenpevans Guest

    That's great Liz, glad I could help.
    Here's the spot for getting upgrades:
    http://www.roxio.com/en/support/software_updates.jhtml
    You need to register your software so you will need the serial number from
    the CD or package it came in. If you don't have that, maybe you can upgrade
    to version 6 for a few bucks?
    Cheers,
    Owen

    owenpevans, Jul 24, 2003