Re: Writing Collaboration?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anthonyberet, May 14, 2004.

  1. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Whisker Wilde wrote:
    <snip>
    > I want to write a play based on the recent execution of American
    > war-profiteer and oppressor Nick Berg.

    From reading about Nick Berg, in trying to find out what he was actually
    doing in Iraq I cannot now say that he was a war profiteer.

    Check this out, about half way down this page, which is a listing of people
    who had registered their opposition to the invasion of Iraq, is Michael S
    Berg, who is Nick's father.

    Michael was Nick's business manager, running his company 'Prometheus Methods
    Tower Service Inc', and it seems likely therefore that he approved of his
    son's two trips to Iraq to get work repairing communications towers.

    Here is what Michael has to say according to CNN:

    "That's really what cost my son his life was the fact that the U.S.
    government saw fit to keep him in custody for 13 days without any of his due
    process or civil rights and released him when they were good and ready."

    The interviewer asked, "Do you really blame Donald Rumsfeld for your son's
    death? And will you do anything in addition to that lawsuit you had filed?"

    Michael Berg responded, "It goes further than Donald Rumsfeld. It's the
    whole Patriot Act, it's the whole feeling of this country that rights don't
    matter anymore because there are terrorists about.

    "Well, in my opinion 'terrorist' is just another word like 'communist' or
    'witch,' and it's a witch hunt, and this whole administration is just
    representing something that is not America, not the America I grew up in."

    Source:http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/12/iraq.berg/

    Maybe this is tin-foil hat territory, but it has to be noted that Nick is
    shown in the video wearing an apparently US-issued orange prison jumpsuit.

    Odd that.
    --
    Things are more like they used to be than they are now.
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, May 14, 2004

  2. anthonyberet

    Dave D Guest

    "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    > Whisker Wilde wrote:
    > <snip>
    > > I want to write a play based on the recent execution of American
    > > war-profiteer and oppressor Nick Berg.
    > >

    > From reading about Nick Berg, in trying to find out what he was actually
    > doing in Iraq I cannot now say that he was a war profiteer.
    >
    > Check this out, about half way down this page, which is a listing of

    people
    > who had registered their opposition to the invasion of Iraq, is Michael S
    > Berg, who is Nick's father.
    > http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1092851/posts
    >
    > Michael was Nick's business manager, running his company 'Prometheus

    Methods
    > Tower Service Inc', and it seems likely therefore that he approved of his
    > son's two trips to Iraq to get work repairing communications towers.
    >
    > Here is what Michael has to say according to CNN:
    >
    > "That's really what cost my son his life was the fact that the U.S.
    > government saw fit to keep him in custody for 13 days without any of his

    due
    > process or civil rights and released him when they were good and ready."
    >
    > The interviewer asked, "Do you really blame Donald Rumsfeld for your son's
    > death? And will you do anything in addition to that lawsuit you had

    filed?"

    > Michael Berg responded, "It goes further than Donald Rumsfeld. It's the
    > whole Patriot Act, it's the whole feeling of this country that rights

    don't
    > matter anymore because there are terrorists about.
    >
    > "Well, in my opinion 'terrorist' is just another word like 'communist' or
    > 'witch,' and it's a witch hunt, and this whole administration is just
    > representing something that is not America, not the America I grew up in."
    >
    > Source:http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/12/iraq.berg/
    >
    > Maybe this is tin-foil hat territory, but it has to be noted that Nick is
    > shown in the video wearing an apparently US-issued orange prison jumpsuit.
    >
    > Odd that.
    > --

    I've just seen the video (there's a link at
    http://www.polizeros.com/2004/05/12.html ) and it does look rather
    suspicious.

    It is the most sickening thing I've ever seen and I've seen some bad stuff.
    The audio runs out of sync with (ahead of) the video and his screams start
    before the actual beheading which adds to the chill factor.

    I have little doubt the actual beheading is genuine, but the question is who
    did it. Anyone who can slowly hack off the head of a defenceless human being
    like that have hopefully booked their place in hell for eternity.

    Dave

    Dave D, May 14, 2004

  1. Silverstrand

    AMD's Ferrari collaboration at bit-tech.net