Re: Wow.. What year is it again?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Oct 17, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:29:06 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091016/ap_on_re_us/us_interracial_rebuff
    >
    > "Keith Bardwell, a white justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish in
    > the southeastern part of the state, refused to issue a marriage
    > license earlier this month to Beth Humphrey, who is white, and Terence
    > McKay, who is black."
    > "Bardwell has said he always asks if a couple is interracial and, if
    > they are, refers them to another justice of the peace. Bardwell said
    > no one had complained in the past and he doesn't marry the couples
    > because he's worried about their children's futures."
    >
    > Wow..
    >
    > And from another article:
    >
    > "I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way,"
    > Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and
    > piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use
    > my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."
    >
    > THEY USE MY BATHROOM?
    >
    > WTF?
    >
    > Maybe there's hope for a career for RtS..

    Would it be so shocking if the numbers on mixed marriages for the state
    were to be known?
    Seems to me like none of the other couples had any qualms about going to a
    Justice who wasn't so pigheaded.

    Does state law mandate the justice MUST issue a license regardless?
    And why is the ACLU so upset? Specially when other justices would issue the
    license just the same.

    richard, Oct 17, 2009

  2. richard

    lost Guest

    then we can marry animals ?.....alot of people love them more than their
    spouses

    lost, Oct 17, 2009

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:26:01 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:55:02 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Does state law mandate the justice MUST issue a license regardless?

    > You didn't seriously ask that did you?
    >
    >>And why is the ACLU so upset? Specially when other justices would issue the
    >>license just the same.

    > HUH?
    >
    > Wow... I don't even know where to begin.

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/16/louisiana.interracial.marriage/index.html

    Apparently a Justice in La may not deny a license in this case.
    As the Governor is calling for the termination of the pighead's employment.

    And I also have no doubt that there are black JOP's in La.

    richard, Oct 17, 2009
  4. richard

    gangle Guest

    "lost" wrote
    > then we can marry animals ?.....alot of people love them more than their > spouses

    To whom are you replying, and about what?

    Jesus H. Christ.

    gangle, Oct 17, 2009
  5. richard

    NotMe Guest

    :
    : > On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:55:02 -0700, richard <>
    : > wrote:
    : >
[...]

    License is not issued by the JP. The JP can conduct the ceremony. In fact
    under LA law any sitting judge can conduct a marriage and any retired judge
    can be 're-enabled' with a written request.

    It's been a while but any citizen can be temporally authorized to conduct a
    marriage. Takes some paperwork and some small fees but even you can be
    Marrin Sam for a day.

    NotMe, Oct 17, 2009