    If he declines to perform a marriage,so what?
    We can't all be puppets, can we?
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Oct 17, 2009

  2. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    SgtMinor wrote:
    > Buffalo wrote:
    >> Evan Platt wrote:
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> "Bardwell has said he always asks if a couple is interracial and, if
    >> they are, refers them to another justice of the peace. Bardwell said
    >> no one had complained in the past and he doesn't marry the couples
    >> because he's worried about their children's futures."
    >> [snip]
    >>

    >> Why do you even care??
    >> If he declines to perform a marriage,so what?
    >> We can't all be puppets, can we?
    >> Buffalo
    >>

    > When justice is denied, everyone should care.
    >
    > Mr. Bardwell is an elected official, a servant of the people. It's
    > not up to him to pick and choose which of the people he will serve.

    You sound just like a liberal puppet.

    Buffalo, Oct 17, 2009

  3. Buffalo

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:05:53 -0600, "Buffalo" <> wrote:

    >SgtMinor wrote:
    >> Buffalo wrote:
    >>> Evan Platt wrote:
    >>> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> "Bardwell has said he always asks if a couple is interracial and, if
    >>> they are, refers them to another justice of the peace. Bardwell said
    >>> no one had complained in the past and he doesn't marry the couples
    >>> because he's worried about their children's futures."
    >>> [snip]
    >>>

    >>> Why do you even care??
    >>> If he declines to perform a marriage,so what?
    >>> We can't all be puppets, can we?
    >>> Buffalo
    >>>

    >> When justice is denied, everyone should care.
    >>
    >> Mr. Bardwell is an elected official, a servant of the people. It's
    >> not up to him to pick and choose which of the people he will serve.

    >You sound just like a liberal puppet.

    And you sound like an idiot, because he's right.

    Buh-bye now.

    --
    However, the notion of someone posting to usenet while resembling a
    mutant chicken from outer space is not only amusing, but also helps put

    Mara, Oct 17, 2009
  4. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    SgtMinor wrote:
    > Buffalo wrote:
    >> Evan Platt wrote:
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> "Bardwell has said he always asks if a couple is interracial and, if
    >> they are, refers them to another justice of the peace. Bardwell said
    >> no one had complained in the past and he doesn't marry the couples
    >> because he's worried about their children's futures."
    >> [snip]
    >>

    >> Why do you even care??
    >> If he declines to perform a marriage,so what?
    >> We can't all be puppets, can we?
    >> Buffalo
    >>

    > When justice is denied, everyone should care.
    >
    > Mr. Bardwell is an elected official, a servant of the people. It's
    > not up to him to pick and choose which of the people he will serve.

    So damn righteous of you. Give me liberty or give me death is another one
    to remember, don't ya think?
    Of course, legally, you are correct in your statement!
    Equality is very important, overall.
    Hell, in one school in the state I live in, they just built a grade school
    for many millions of dollars and over 70% of the students are children of
    illegal immigrants (who always pay their fair share of the taxes). I am just
    so proud that a lot of my taxes are helping those poor illegals and their
    children out. Hell, their children even get free lunches while most of the
    children of legals, have to pay for their own lunches.
    Hell, if I had a place to rent and some of those illegal parents wanted to
    rent it, I would have to rent it to them (legally) then spend time, legal
    fees and loss of revenue to evict them within six months because they can't
    pay the rent. Equal rights for all, sure, it sounds good as long is it
    doesn't negatively affect you.

    As you so 'proudly' stated "When justice is denied, everyone should care".
    Now that is equality in real time, don't ya think?

    What does that have to do with Mr. Bardwell? Nothing, directly.

    PS: I would bet your are one of those closet NIMBY people, aren't you?

    Buffalo, Oct 17, 2009
  5. Buffalo

    NormanM Guest

    On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:05:53 -0600, Buffalo wrote:

    > You sound just like a liberal puppet.

    Any person who cannot, in good conscience, carry out the duties of his job,
    should resign in protest.

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come

    NormanM, Oct 18, 2009
  6. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    NormanM wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:05:53 -0600, Buffalo wrote:
    >
    >> You sound just like a liberal puppet.

    > Any person who cannot, in good conscience, carry out the duties of
    > his job, should resign in protest.

    I believe that Keith Bardwell was acting in good conscience in his mind,
    don't you?

    Buffalo, Oct 18, 2009
  7. Buffalo

    NotMe Guest

    "Buffalo" <> wrote in message
    :
    :
    : NormanM wrote:
    : > On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:05:53 -0600, Buffalo wrote:
    : >
    : >> You sound just like a liberal puppet.
    : >
    : > Any person who cannot, in good conscience, carry out the duties of
    : > his job, should resign in protest.
    :
    : I believe that Keith Bardwell was acting in good conscience in his mind,
    : don't you?

    I would expect based on his world view he did believe that and that David
    Duke would agree with him. But that belief does not make either of them
    right. in either their belief or in their actions.

    NotMe, Oct 18, 2009
  8. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    NotMe wrote:
    > "Buffalo" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> NormanM wrote:

    >>> Any person who cannot, in good conscience, carry out the duties of
    >>> his job, should resign in protest.

    >> I believe that Keith Bardwell was acting in good conscience in his
    >> mind, don't you?

    > I would expect based on his world view he did believe that and that
    > David Duke would agree with him. But that belief does not make
    > either of them right. in either their belief or in their actions.

    WTF did you include David Duke? By including him you made a very judgemental
    and misleading premise.
    That's what Rush Limbaugh and the Republican Party do all the time; Take
    facts and twist them up to supposedly support their views.

    Keith's actions were what he believed in, but, I also believe that they were
    not the proper 'legal' actions of a civil servant.

    Buffalo, Oct 18, 2009
  9. Buffalo

    NotMe Guest

    "Buffalo" <> wrote in message
    :
    :
    : NotMe wrote:
    : > "Buffalo" <> wrote in message
    : > news:hbdo34$e2u$-september.org...
    : >>
    : >>
    : >> NormanM wrote:
    : >>> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:05:53 -0600, Buffalo wrote:
    : >>>
[...]

    Happens I grew up in the area (summers at least), my mother was born in
    Baton Rouge and raised outside of Abida Springs/Covington, one grandmother
    was born in the Tangipahoa Parish. The JP is known to my family. I
    attended LSU with Duke and the JP's world view matches Duke's in many ways.
    Only real difference in my opinion is Duke was much more overt in his
    racism.

    At one time, long past thank god, the JP's action would have gotten him
    elected to higher office. Police Jury at the least perhaps Parish President.

    And to answer your unasked question some members of my extended family are
    also raciest so I know and recognize them up close and personal.

    NotMe, Oct 18, 2009
  10. Buffalo

    NormanM Guest

    On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 18:38:52 -0600, Buffalo wrote:

    > NormanM wrote:

    >> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:05:53 -0600, Buffalo wrote:

    >>> You sound just like a liberal puppet.

    >> Any person who cannot, in good conscience, carry out the duties of
    >> his job, should resign in protest.

    > I believe that Keith Bardwell was acting in good conscience in his mind,
    > don't you?

    Did he carry out the duties of his job? If the duties require action, and
    his conscience requires inaction, he should resign in protest.

    NormanM, Oct 18, 2009