Re: Would Ansel Adams use Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Charles E. Hardwidge, Aug 10, 2012.

  1. "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > By the way, why is AA so famous? Is he the best photographer of all
    > times, the one who invented modern photography or for what other reason
    > is he so special?

    I have no idea but he was an early adopter of concepts and methods that were
    emerging at the time. His work is both iconic and his books provide good
    guides to the art. This is very hard to trump.

    One thing people miss and, I think, Ansel Adams would be the first to admit
    is like some Zen Master he's not in the business of training seals. Verbatim
    copying of his work and reading his books has some use but only to a point.
    The real legacy is whether it sparks some talent in the people that follow
    him and as the saying goes "this cannot be taught".

    --
    Charles E. Hardwidge

    Charles E. Hardwidge, Aug 10, 2012