Re: worth it to have connector soldered?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by me again, Nov 18, 2011.

  1. me again

    me again Guest

    bpuharic wrote:
    > Had very nice laptop. Dog jumped into lap, and knocked it to floor,
    > breaking the power connector off the motherboard
    >
    > this was a nice computer....is it worth trying to resolder connector
    > to motherboard? are there traces to be soldered? AFAIK it's just the
    > connector...the MB itself is fine (computer runs on batteries)

    Follow 'Vanguard's advice.

    > OR could I get a battery replacement that would provide power via the
    > battery from 110V?

    I think you are describing a gizmo that plugs into the wall socket (110v in USA)
    AND plugs into the battery position. Interesting idea but those don't exist for
    computers AFAIK.

    me again, Nov 18, 2011