    Oliver Stone commentaries (Wall Street and JFK especially) are
    brilliant.....

    "Daryl Hannah, a woman I don't think I'll ever quite understand..."

    Repo Man, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Repo Man

    Steve Hanson Guest

    Repo Man wrote in <mF4bb.154020$>:

    >Oliver Stone commentaries (Wall Street and JFK especially) are
    >brilliant.....
    >
    >"Daryl Hannah, a woman I don't think I'll ever quite understand..."

    Given Stone's treatments of female characters in his films I suspect
    he has a larger problem than just coping with Daryl Hannah. The guy
    clearly feels more comfortable in a high dick-count setting.

    Steve Hanson, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Hello to you all out there!

    Maybe it's a bit unfair, since there _is_ interesting material on the
    commentary track, but I recently listened to Blake Edwards' commentary to
    "The Pink Panther" and it got me a bit disappointed: There are long
    stretches of silence, sometimes he is thinking loudly and, lest I forget,
    there is all this (albeit understandable) repeated rambling about the
    people "being no longer with us"...

    I don't know - maybe I am used to commentaries where the pace never lets
    go...

    Ciao,
    Martin

    "I don't know. I'm making this up as I go!"
    (H.Ford as Dr. H.Jones Jr. in "Raiders of the Lost Ark")

    Martin Schemitsch, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Repo Man

    shawn Guest

    Martin Schemitsch wrote:
    > Hello to you all out there!
    >
    > Maybe it's a bit unfair, since there _is_ interesting material on the
    > commentary track, but I recently listened to Blake Edwards'
    > commentary to "The Pink Panther" and it got me a bit disappointed:
    > There are long stretches of silence, sometimes he is thinking loudly
    > and, lest I forget, there is all this (albeit understandable)
    > repeated rambling about the people "being no longer with us"...
    >
    > I don't know - maybe I am used to commentaries where the pace never
    > lets go...

    By contrast, I guess I like the idea of somebody commenting only when they
    feel they have something worthwhile to say, rather than just filling up
    space.

    shawn, Oct 9, 2003
  5. On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:23:30 -0400, shawn <>
    wrote:

    > Martin Schemitsch wrote:
    >> Hello to you all out there!
    >>
    >> Maybe it's a bit unfair, since there _is_ interesting material on the
    >> commentary track, but I recently listened to Blake Edwards'
    >> commentary to "The Pink Panther" and it got me a bit disappointed:
    >> There are long stretches of silence, sometimes he is thinking loudly
    >> and, lest I forget, there is all this (albeit understandable)
    >> repeated rambling about the people "being no longer with us"...
    >>
    >> I don't know - maybe I am used to commentaries where the pace never
    >> lets go...

    > By contrast, I guess I like the idea of somebody commenting only when
    > they
    > feel they have something worthwhile to say, rather than just filling up
    > space.

    Good point!

    Guess their are too many different characters out there ;-)

    OTOH , I never encountered a noisy, bloated, meaningless commentary track
    so far... * keeps fingers crossed *

    Martin Schemitsch, Oct 9, 2003