Re: Worst DVD Commentary tracks?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Guest, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "The Magically Delicious Mr. H***" <> wrote in message
    > I know this subject has probably been breached before, but I've just had
    > the opportunity to listen to director John Howard Davies' commentary on
    > the first four episodes of "Fawlty Towers" and I don't think I've ever
    > experienced something so painful, in terms of a commentary track, which
    > prior to this ordeal were supposed to be an enjoyable, and often times
    > educational way to pass the time with a film, or television series one
    > has an affinity for. That ideal is now shattered.

    I think the most boring i ever listened to is The Farrelley Brothers for Me
    Myself and Irene

    the entire commentary is a role call for every single extra in the film,
    "That's Bob smith in the back there, he was my dentist for 7 years" "That
    man walking by is my dad" "That woman is friends with my wife" "That's my
    neighbor from 1973" with interspersed "That wasn't in the script, Jim did
    that on the spot and we liked it"

    very unfunny, very dull

    Joe
    Guest, Sep 20, 2003