Re: Worst DVD Commentary tracks?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Rupert Pupkin, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. Anger Management has one of the most annoying and unfunny commentaries I have
    ever listened to.
    Rupert Pupkin, Sep 20, 2003

  2. >> Anger Management has one of the most annoying and unfunny commentaries I
    >have
    >> ever listened to.

    >What did you expect? It's Adam Sandler.

    I agree with you there but it wasn't just that. Peter Segal needs to be
    arrested for impersonating a director. To hear Sandler say things like "This
    shot here is pure Segal" is an insult to every director in the world. This
    Segal guy has no vision or style whatsoever.
    They also have cigars in their mouths half the time which aurally
    complimented the fact that they were verbally sucking each other off.
    Rupert Pupkin, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Rupert Pupkin wrote:

    >>>Anger Management has one of the most annoying and unfunny commentaries I

    >>have
    >>
    >>>ever listened to.

    >>What did you expect? It's Adam Sandler.

    > I agree with you there but it wasn't just that. Peter Segal needs to be
    > arrested for impersonating a director. To hear Sandler say things like "This
    > shot here is pure Segal" is an insult to every director in the world. This
    > Segal guy has no vision or style whatsoever.
    > They also have cigars in their mouths half the time which aurally
    > complimented the fact that they were verbally sucking each other off.

    I hate, hate, hate, when people talk with stuff in their mouths.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Sep 20, 2003
  4. Rupert Pupkin

    Black Locust Guest

    --
    BL
    Black Locust, Sep 20, 2003
  5. Rupert Pupkin

    Phil7101 Guest

    >I did enjoy Tommy Boy to an extent, but that was mostly due to the
    >chemistry between Chris Farley and David Spade. However the rest of
    >Peter Segal's catalog is pure crap. I just wanna know how they convinced
    >Jack Nickolson to sign on to do this mindless Sandler venture.

    Easy...he did About Schmidt for low pay, so he made up for it by taking a quick
    paycheck with Anger Management.
    Phil7101, Sep 20, 2003
  6. Rupert Pupkin

    Phil7101 Guest

    >To hear Sandler say things like "This
    >shot here is pure Segal" is an insult to every director in the world.

    LOL! I wonder if there's a commentary for The Wash where someone compliments
    the director DJ Pooh by saying "This shot here is pure pooh".
    Phil7101, Sep 20, 2003
  7. Rupert Pupkin

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    Ujunk (Rupert Pupkin) wrote:

    > I agree with you there but it wasn't just that. Peter Segal needs to be
    > arrested for impersonating a director. To hear Sandler say things like "This
    > shot here is pure Segal" is an insult to every director in the world. This
    > Segal guy has no vision or style whatsoever.

    I did enjoy Tommy Boy to an extent, but that was mostly due to the
    chemistry between Chris Farley and David Spade. However the rest of
    Peter Segal's catalog is pure crap. I just wanna know how they convinced
    Jack Nickolson to sign on to do this mindless Sandler venture. He must
    be going senile at his old age and thought Peter Segal was a young
    Steven Spielberg and Adam Sandler is the next Andy Kaufman.

    And god, why does the public keep eating up Sandler's garbage like it's
    free grade A sirloin? His "comedy" is about as amusing as a dog chasing
    it's own tail and I've see shoe boxes with more charisma. The only film
    by him I even remotely enjoyed was The Wedding Singer and that was
    mostly due to my love of all things 80's. There's something seriously
    wrong when all the actors doing cameos are funnier than the star.
    Quentin Tarantino was funnier in his 30 seconds of screen time in Little
    Nicky than Sandler was in the entire movie.

    > They also have cigars in their mouths half the time which aurally
    > complimented the fact that they were verbally sucking each other off.

    Hahaha. Nice one.
    --
    BL
    Black Locust, Sep 20, 2003
  8. Rupert Pupkin

    Steve K. Guest

    Paul Verhoven on the Criterion Collection of "Robocop". Man that guy is
    annoying. It's his only good film as far as I'm concerned.
    Steve K., Sep 20, 2003
  9. >I just wanna know how they convinced
    >Jack Nickolson to sign on to do this mindless Sandler venture.

    He probably didn't have anything better to do, or he, like anyone else, has to
    earn money to eat and pay the bills. Although, the latter may not seem very
    likely. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Sep 20, 2003
  10. >Paul Verhoven on the Criterion Collection of "Robocop". Man that guy is
    >annoying. It's his only good film as far as I'm concerned.

    What about "Total Recall?" You have to at least like the score. Goldsmith
    just couldn't be beat with that. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Sep 20, 2003
  11. Rupert Pupkin

    Steve K. Guest

    LASERandDVDfan wrote:
    > What about "Total Recall?" You have to at least like the score. Goldsmith
    > just couldn't be beat with that. - Reinhart

    Nah...I hated Total Recall.
    Steve K., Sep 21, 2003
  12. Rupert Pupkin

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <bo_ab.164$>,
    "Steve K." <> wrote:

    > Paul Verhoven on the Criterion Collection of "Robocop". Man that guy is
    > annoying. It's his only good film as far as I'm concerned.

    Haha. I'm probably the only person who feels this way, but I just love
    the commentary he does with Schwarzenegger on the Total Recall DVD. It's
    one of the funniest things I've ever heard because you can't understand
    a single word between the two of them.
    --
    BL
    Black Locust, Sep 21, 2003
  13. >>> Anger Management has one of the most annoying and unfunny commentaries I
    >>have
    >>> ever listened to.

    >>What did you expect? It's Adam Sandler.

    >I agree with you there but it wasn't just that. Peter Segal needs to be
    >arrested for impersonating a director. To hear Sandler say things like "This
    >shot here is pure Segal" is an insult to every director in the world. This
    >Segal guy has no vision or style whatsoever.

    LOL. Why do they give these guys commentaries? Who cares what a Peter Segal
    or Adam Shankman has to say? Its just so the studio can put a sticker that
    says, "over 2 hours of bonus features!"

    > They also have cigars in their mouths half the time which aurally
    >complimented the fact that they were verbally sucking each other off.

    That's what a lot of "bonus features" on DVDs are, particularly featurettes
    that are 50 percent clips. They try to sell you on a movie that you've already
    rented or purchased.

    I turned off the Kenneth Loring commentary on Blood Simple after 5-10 minutes.
    I get that it is a joke, but I can't listen to 90 minutes of this.

    Remove "moc" to reply.

    Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
    revolving door.
    - Willy Walker
    Sydney Assbasket, Sep 22, 2003
  14. >Nah...I hated Total Recall.

    Well, you can't please everybody in the movie business.

    And, in both Robocop and Total Recall, Ronny Cox kicks ass as a bad guy.

    That reminds me, I'd better find myself a copy of "Robocop," either on DVD (if
    it exists) or on LaserDisc (if I can find a Criterion copy).

    That's a good movie, too. Although I think Jerry Goldsmith is still a better
    composer, Basil Poledoris still makes a great soundtrack on that flick.

    "I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Sep 22, 2003
  15. Schwarzenegger commentaries?

    Black Locust wrote:

    > In article <bo_ab.164$>,
    > "Steve K." <> wrote:
    >
    > > Paul Verhoven on the Criterion Collection of "Robocop". Man that guy is
    > > annoying. It's his only good film as far as I'm concerned.

    > Haha. I'm probably the only person who feels this way, but I just love
    > the commentary he does with Schwarzenegger on the Total Recall DVD. It's
    > one of the funniest things I've ever heard because you can't understand
    > a single word between the two of them.

    What other discs has Ahhhhhnold done commentaries on?

    LVIII
    Lord Vader III, Sep 22, 2003
  16. Rupert Pupkin

    cal Guest

    Re: Schwarzenegger commentaries?

    Lord Vader III <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Black Locust wrote:
    > >
    > > In article <bo_ab.164$>,
    > > "Steve K." <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Paul Verhoven on the Criterion Collection of "Robocop". Man that guy is
    > > > annoying. It's his only good film as far as I'm concerned.

    > > Haha. I'm probably the only person who feels this way, but I just love
    > > the commentary he does with Schwarzenegger on the Total Recall DVD. It's
    > > one of the funniest things I've ever heard because you can't understand
    > > a single word between the two of them.

    > What other discs has Ahhhhhnold done commentaries on?
    >
    > LVIII

    The only one I know of is Conan. He talks along side director John
    Milius. Parts of it are funny too, but afterall, what does one want in
    their commentaries?

    cal
    cal, Sep 22, 2003
  17. Rupert Pupkin

    Eric R. Guest

    (cal) wrote in message

    > Parts of it are funny too, but afterall, what does one want in
    > their commentaries?

    Exactly.

    -Eric
    Eric R., Sep 24, 2003
  18. Rupert Pupkin

    Dunf Guest

    "Rupert Pupkin" <> wrote in message
    > Anger Management has one of the most annoying and unfunny commentaries I

    have
    > ever listened to.

    You're talking about the movie itself right Rupert? BTW, King Of Comedy is
    great. I watch it at least once a month or so. Like Marty sais, "one of the
    last great studio system movies"..
    Dunf, Sep 26, 2003
  19. Rupert Pupkin wrote:

    > Anger Management has one of the most annoying and unfunny commentaries I have
    > ever listened to.

    My Man Godfrey has the worse commentary ever.
    Richard Winston, Oct 9, 2003
  20. Rupert Pupkin

    Con Guest

    Re: Schwarzenegger commentaries?

    > What other discs has Ahhhhhnold done commentaries on?

    Not too many.... the only one I personally know about is "Conan the
    Barbarian" (the Special Edition, not the original pressing).

    Con
    Con, Nov 23, 2003