Re: Worm

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Kookaburra, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:14:18 +1200, Whoknows <>
    wrote:

    >Wouldn't ya think that it might be in the ISP's best interest if they
    >sent out an email to all those idiot customers out there that still
    >haven't updated their damned computers.
    >I'm sick and tired of gettign firewall logs filling up with port 135
    >scans, especially when alot of them are coming from nz machines.
    >You'd think with all the media coverage people would have got off their
    >arses and sorted out their puters.
    >Maybe if the ISP's emailed and said their account would be suspended if
    >they continued to run an infected machine they'd actually do something.
    >Some people are just too damned dumb to own on in my opinion.

    One of the few 135's I've had actually scanned both 135 and 445 at the
    same time from Montevideo straight after having a connection refused
    twice on both ports of course I've only been connected 2 minutes

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Aug 21, 2003