Re: Worlds Biggest...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Aardvark, May 25, 2010.

  1. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2010 09:46:54 -0500, §nühw€£f wrote:

    > Baaaaaaaa! <> clouded the waters of pure
    > thought with news::
    >
    >> Everyone was getting along swimmingly in 24hoursupport.helpdesk on or
    >> about Sat, 22 May 2010 17:25:05 -0500 when
    >> (§nühw€£f) fucked everything up by saying:
    >>
    >>>....Fuckup.

    >> <snip>
    >> The Valdez Oil Spill
    >>

    > Toxic effects linger.
    >
    > To the naked eye, Prince William Sound may appear “normal.”  But

    if you
    > look beneath the surface, oil continues to contaminate beaches, national
    > parks, and designated wilderness.  In fact, the Office of Technology
    > Assessment estimated beach cleanup and oil skinning only recovered 3-4%
    > of the Exxon Valdez oil and studies by government scientists estimated
    > that only 14% of the oil was removed during cleanup operations.[15]
    >
    >   A decade later, the ecosystem still suffers.  Substantial
    > contamination of mussel beds persists and this remarkably unweathered
    > oil is a continuing source of toxic hydrocarbons.[16]  Sea otters, river
    > otters, BarrowÂ’s goldeneyes, and harlequin ducks have showed

    evidence of
    > continued hydrocarbon exposure in the past few years.[17]
    >

    >   The depressed population of Pacific herring – a critical source of
    > food for over 40 predators including seabirds, harbor seals and Steller
    > sea lions – is having severe impacts up the food chain. Wildlife
    > population declines continue for harbor seal, killer whales, harlequin
    > ducks, common loon, pigeon guillemot, and pelagic, red- faced cormorant,
    > and double-crested cormorants.
    >
    > http://arcticcircle.uconn.edu/SEEJ/Alaska/miller2.htm

    But do these aforementioned creatures earn money? Do they add to the GDP?
    No? Then let the fuckers die.

    <http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq08-topp.html>

    Aardvark, May 25, 2010

  2. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2010 18:11:45 -0500, §nühw€£f wrote:

    > Aardvark <> clouded the waters of pure thought
    > with:
    >> On Tue, 25 May 2010 09:46:54 -0500, §nühw€£f wrote:
    >>
    >> > Baaaaaaaa! <> clouded the waters of pure
    >> > thought with news::

    >> > Toxic effects linger.
    >> >
    >> > To the naked eye, Prince William Sound may appear “normal.”

    But
    >> if you
    >> > look beneath the surface, oil continues to contaminate beaches,
    >> > national parks, and designated wilderness.  In fact, the Office of
    >> > Technology Assessment estimated beach cleanup and oil skinning only
    >> > recovered 3-4% of the Exxon Valdez oil and studies by government
    >> > scientists estimated that only 14% of the oil was removed during
    >> > cleanup operations.[15]
    >> >
    >> >   A decade later, the ecosystem still suffers.  Substantial
    >> > contamination of mussel beds persists and this remarkably unweathered
    >> > oil is a continuing source of toxic hydrocarbons.[16]  Sea otters,
    >> > river otters, BarrowÂ’s goldeneyes, and harlequin ducks have showed

    >> evidence of
    >> > continued hydrocarbon exposure in the past few years.[17]
    >> >

    >> >   The depressed population of Pacific herring – a critical source

    of
    >> > food for over 40 predators including seabirds, harbor seals and
    >> > Steller sea lions – is having severe impacts up the food chain.
    >> > Wildlife population declines continue for harbor seal, killer whales,
    >> > harlequin ducks, common loon, pigeon guillemot, and pelagic, red-
    >> > faced cormorant, and double-crested cormorants.
    >> >
    >> > http://arcticcircle.uconn.edu/SEEJ/Alaska/miller2.htm

    >> But do these aforementioned creatures earn money? Do they add to the
    >> GDP?

    > Actually since they are part of a *healthy* marine eco-system, they
    > *do*. If the ocan can support marine life, we cant get fish from it. We
    > cant get tourism dollars from SCUBA rentals etc.

    Nah. They're freeloaders.

    :)

    >> No? Then let the fuckers die.
    >>

    > I know yer bein sarcastic.

    Moi???

    > But the pinheads on the "libertarian/rethug"
    > side need a $ sign in front of anything before they can recognise its
    > worth.

    They know the price of everything and the value of nothing. Don't worry,
    those kinds of creatures are a dying breed.

    > So to them, oddly, life has no intrinsic worth unless its a
    > fertilized human egg. And its only worthy of consideration while its in
    > the womb. After that it can just as well go **** itself as far as
    > they're concerned. Typical reptilian mind: defend the clutch of eggs,
    > but ignore/eat the hatchlings.

    The perfect definition of those cunts, mate.

    > <nods>

    <sticks two thumbs up>

    <http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq08-topp.html>

    Aardvark, May 26, 2010