Re: Working with pottery at home

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Slgraber, Feb 6, 2005.

  1. Slgraber

    Slgraber Guest

    i read in ceramics monthly once that when starting up a home studio, get a KILN
    1st. usually people look for a wheel & then have to wonder where to get their
    stuff fired.

    getting a kiln enables you to fire & build at your own pace & have limited
    scrap from breakage. press molds, hand building, etc don't need a wheel.

    i've seen used kiln's in the weekly pennysaver newspaper for under $350.

    wheels on the other hand seem to be a scarce breed & maintain high resale
    values so expect to pay maybe $350 to $500 for a wheel - enough to consider
    getting a new one to dirty up yourself. i think new ones are about $800 or so.

    for books my 1st one was "hands in clay", a course book that also had
    fastenating history of clay in the world which i read while sitting around on
    jury duty...

    see ya

    steve

    >Subject: Working with pottery at home
    >From: "Lewis Lang"
    >Date: 2/6/2005 3:52 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >Hi. I would like to working with pottery at home at home. How much
    >realistically will I need to spend $$$, and what exactly will I really
    >need to get started? Are any of those kits worth looking at, or are
    >those scams? Please also suggest a good book or 2.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >--
    >
    >Lewis Lang

    steve graber

    Slgraber, Feb 6, 2005

  2. Slgraber

    Lewis Lang Guest

    >Subject: Re: Working with pottery at home
    >From: (Slgraber)
    >Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.equipment.35mm
    >Date: 06 Feb 2005 18:48:22 GMT
    >

    >i read in ceramics monthly once that when starting up a home studio, get
    >a KILN

    SNIP

    In a poor atttempt to disrupt not only the rec.photo.equipment and rec.photo.
    digital groups (yet again) - and now posting on other usenet groups falsely
    under my name - the troll has now chosen me as a target of its non-life.

    Please be advised that the threads:

    "Re: Stolen images by Lewis Lang - What should I do?"

    and

    "Re: Lewis Lang STOLE my images, What shall I do?"

    "Re: Drug-addict Rich Posiadlik of Portage Indiana is a junkie"

    "Dallas Dahms is a racist, Mall Photographer"

    and any other similarly claimed inflamatory/bigoted thread titles

    as well as any questions being falsely asked in my name to rec.crafts and other
    types of usenet groups are _not_ coming from me, Lewis Lang, but are
    _prefabricated lies_ and _false accusations_ and/or phony (though seemingly
    real/on topic) questions made by the "troll" (troublemaker who makes
    lies/libel/etc. because he/it has no life) against me, Lewis Lang and/or
    falsely posted as being from me or someone else, I, Lewis Lang, have not made
    them.

    PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THESE TROLLING POSTS AS THEY BOTH CLOG UP THE
    NEWSGROUP(S) AND/OR THE RESPONSES END UP BEING CROSS-POSTED TO OTHER NEWSGROUPS
    AS OFF-TOPIC REPLIES/RESPONSES AND CLOG THOSE NEWSGROUPS UP.

    Do not suggest it needs to get a lawyer because I never stole his/its images,
    nor does it even have any proof because it doesn't need proof to make a
    lie/false accusation, nor will it supply any. Nor does he/it even have a
    real/true identity (it posts masquerading as various people/under false names
    from the anonymity of "googlegroups".

    PLEASE LOOK BEYOND THE FALSE "FROM" LINE AND LOOK AT THE HEADERS OF THE POSTS
    TO SEE WHERE THE POSTS REALLY COME FROM UNDER THE SECTIONS CALLED
    "X-complaints" AND "X-trace" - MY/LEWIS LANG'S POSTS COME FROM THE AOL DOMAIN,
    THE TROLL'S POSTS COME FROM GOOGLEGROUPS OR SOME OTHER DOMAIN.

    Don't respond to its racist/etc. libel done in my name or under the name of any
    other poster. It (the troll) is a liar and a thief that tries to childishly and
    very poorly imitate other's identities. These trolling posts are not from the
    authors it supposedly mimicks but from some cowardly moron with no life trying
    to hide beneath the rock of anonymity it partially crawled out from under.

    Don't respond to its lies by suggesting it get a lawyer as no theft has taken
    place. Its just saying lies about me/libeling to cause trouble. You are being
    had by a liar and a defamer (the troll).

    Don't respond to its questions on other (non-photographic) topics as the
    replies will be cross-posted off topic onto other newsgroups.

    However, anybody who has ideas for lawyers that I can use to prosecute this
    pond scum troll who is posting falsely under my name would be most welcome,
    though ;-).

    Alternatively (and/or in addition) I would appreciate suggestions for finding
    out this troll's true identity (beyond its false names it gives and the
    anonymity of the googlegroups source it posts from) so I can consider
    prosecution for defamation of character and libel against me, Lewis Lang. For
    all regulars, please feel free to killfile the threads mentioned above and/or
    its troll author rather than complain to me that you don't like me defending
    myself against the lies of this troll.

    Suggestions about prosecution of the troll can be sent to the real Lewis Lang,
    by "pinging" me on the real newsgroup I mostly participate on - rec.
    photo.equipment.35mm. Only suggestions from real internet domains will be
    entertained (as the troll has falsely posted both from googlegroups, hotmail
    and other phony addresses).

    Thank you very much for your kind help and understanding.

    Check out my photos at "LEWISVISION":

    http://members.aol.com/Lewisvisn/home.htm

    Remove "nospam" to reply

    ***DUE TO SPAM, I NOW BLOCK ALL E-MAIL NOT ON MY LIST, TO BE ADDED TO MY LIST,
    PING ME ON THE NEWSGROUP. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. :) ***

    Lewis Lang, Feb 7, 2005

  3. Slgraber

    Harvey Guest

    "Lewis Lang" <> wrote in message

    Your now worse than your impostors - not only are you seemingly replying to
    EVERY off-topic post with 5Kb's worth of shite, but your posting it to the
    very newsgroup that your trying to avoid the spam reaching in the first
    place. Don't you realise the original messages aren't posted in
    rec.photo.digital? Replying to them pointing out they are from an imposter
    is completely pointless as whoever sent the reply to rec.photo.digital WILL
    NEVER SEE IT!

    Gawd... Welcome to my killfile.

    Harvey, Feb 7, 2005