Re: Workhorse inkjet?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by XS11E, Nov 29, 2010.

  1. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:

    > I was looking around for a good SOHO workhorse inkjet all-in-one

    Please don't consider anything other than a laser, inkjets will quickly
    out-cost a laser with the price of ink cartridges.

    I dumped my inkjet printer for a laser and saved the cost in less than
    a year and I'm a home user with very light printing needs.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Nov 29, 2010

  2. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:

    > XS11E <> wrote :
    >
    >> "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I was looking around for a good SOHO workhorse inkjet all-in-one

    >> Please don't consider anything other than a laser, inkjets will
    >> quickly out-cost a laser with the price of ink cartridges.

    > Not what I'm hearing nowdays.
    >
    > The reason I'm thinking of inkjet is because this Canon MF3240 is
    > making me sick if I gotta print more than a few pages. I wind up
    > coughing for hours later. ( The laser manufacturers deny
    > everything when I ask them.) Gotta get out of the room until the
    > big air cleaner sucks it up in about 5 minutes after it prints.

    That can't be normal, maybe there's something wrong with the printer?
    Do other lasers do this to you?

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Nov 30, 2010

  3. XS11E

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 30/11/2010 23:41, Jane_Galt wrote:
    > XS11E<> wrote :

    >>> Not what I'm hearing nowdays.
    >>>
    >>> The reason I'm thinking of inkjet is because this Canon MF3240 is
    >>> making me sick if I gotta print more than a few pages. I wind up
    >>> coughing for hours later. ( The laser manufacturers deny
    >>> everything when I ask them.) Gotta get out of the room until the
    >>> big air cleaner sucks it up in about 5 minutes after it prints.

    >> That can't be normal, maybe there's something wrong with the printer?
    >> Do other lasers do this to you?

    > Dont recall it, but I've had this one for a few years now, and started a home
    > company in 2006, so have never printed this much before either.
    >
    > Jeez, I had one client that sent me 600 pages to print, that sucked. But at
    > least that's very rare.

    If a client sent me 600 pages to print I'd either ask myself why they
    expect me to spend my money printing stuff for them or I'd take it down
    to the local print shop.

    Desk Rabbit, Dec 1, 2010
  4. XS11E

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 09:11:38 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:

    > On 30/11/2010 23:41, Jane_Galt wrote:
    >> XS11E<> wrote :

    >>> That can't be normal, maybe there's something wrong with the printer?
    >>> Do other lasers do this to you?

    >> Dont recall it, but I've had this one for a few years now, and started
    >> a home company in 2006, so have never printed this much before either.
    >>
    >> Jeez, I had one client that sent me 600 pages to print, that sucked.
    >> But at least that's very rare.
    >>

    > If a client sent me 600 pages to print I'd either ask myself why they
    > expect me to spend my money printing stuff for them or I'd take it down
    > to the local print shop.

    Hell I'd just send them to Kinko's.

    Meat Plow, Dec 1, 2010