Re: Workhorse inkjet?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ferd Berfle, Nov 29, 2010.

  1. Ferd Berfle

    Ferd Berfle Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote in message
    >I was looking around for a good SOHO workhorse inkjet all-in-one and
    >THOUGHT
    > the HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-All-in-One sounded good.
    >
    > It has large paper capacity ( was looking for 500 sheets ) and legal sized
    > flatbed scanner.
    >
    > But then I came across a review page that said that it jams frequently and
    > was stopping in the middle of printing frequently, to clean the jets.
    >
    > Is there anything like this that's more reliable than that?
    >
    > HP used to make such solid printers.

    I've a friend using the Lexmark Platinum Pro905 and is very satisfied. Low
    ink cost is an added benefit.
    Ferd Berfle, Nov 29, 2010

  2. Ferd Berfle

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:23:16 -0500, Ferd Berfle wrote:

    > I've a friend

    Yeah. Right, pondscum.

    Aardvark, Nov 29, 2010

  3. Ferd Berfle

    Ferd Berfle Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote in message
    > "Ferd Berfle" <> wrote :
    >

    >> "Jane_Galt" <> wrote in message
    >>>I was looking around for a good SOHO workhorse inkjet all-in-one and
    >>>THOUGHT
    >>> the HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-All-in-One sounded good.
    >>>
    >>> It has large paper capacity ( was looking for 500 sheets ) and legal
    >>> sized
    >>> flatbed scanner.
    >>>
    >>> But then I came across a review page that said that it jams frequently
    >>> and
    >>> was stopping in the middle of printing frequently, to clean the jets.
    >>>
    >>> Is there anything like this that's more reliable than that?
    >>>
    >>> HP used to make such solid printers.
    >>>

    >> I've a friend using the Lexmark Platinum Pro905 and is very satisfied.
    >> Low
    >> ink cost is an added benefit.
    >>

    > Interesting, thanks Ferd.
    >
    > Isnt Lexmark made by I Been Mugged though?

    IBM sold it in early 90's
    Ferd Berfle, Nov 30, 2010