Re: Wordpad

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Merlin, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Merlin

    Merlin Guest

    "Bob H" <> wrote in message
    > I have received an E-Mail that is a .doc file extension. This file is
    > supposed to open in Wordpad. An attempt to open it gives an Illegal

    Operation
    > message as follows:
    >
    > "Wordpad has caused an invalid page fault
    > module MSWRD832.CNV at 026f:0140f6d5."
    >
    > I am using Win98SE and IE6

    The suffix >doc means it is an MS Word file & you will need this program to
    open it.
    The only other convenient way is to use Quick View if you have it installed,
    however, to the best of my knowledge this is a read only app. ie you won't
    be able to do anything to change it.
    To do this right click on the file & choose Quick View from the options
    presented. If you can't see it you don't have it installed.

    Good luck
    Merlin
    Merlin, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Merlin

    Bob H Guest

    I have Quick Time installed but do not see anything called Quick View

    Bob H, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Merlin

    bb3 Guest

    "Merlin" <> wrote in message

    > "Bob H" <> wrote in message
    > > I have received an E-Mail that is a .doc file extension. This file is
    > > supposed to open in Wordpad. An attempt to open it gives an Illegal

    > Operation
    > > message as follows:
    > >
    > > "Wordpad has caused an invalid page fault
    > > module MSWRD832.CNV at 026f:0140f6d5."
    > >
    > > I am using Win98SE and IE6
    > >

    > The suffix >doc means it is an MS Word file & you will need this program

    > open it.

    Not so. The default "Open File" type for Wordpad is *.doc . Word files
    open fine using it.

    <snip>
    bb3, Jul 10, 2003
  4. Merlin

    Merlin Guest

    "bb3" <> wrote in message

    > "Merlin" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Bob H" <> wrote in message
    > > > I have received an E-Mail that is a .doc file extension. This file is
    > > > supposed to open in Wordpad. An attempt to open it gives an Illegal

    > > Operation
    > > > message as follows:

    > Not so. The default "Open File" type for Wordpad is *.doc . Word files
    > open fine using it.

    Do you know I think you are absolutely Write!
    The old suffix was always *.wrt but, since I don't use Write I've aquired
    this mod on some windows update.
    Apologies to all, I'm getting old!

    Merlin
    Merlin, Jul 11, 2003