Re: Word wrap existing PDF?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by thanatoid, Apr 28, 2008.

  1. thanatoid

    thanatoid Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > It seems like a better set of questions is: what are you
    > trying to do with the page and how can you best accomplish
    > it?

    An even better question would be, WHY would someone make a PDF
    of a badly designed publication/document and expect it to look
    good in PDF? PDF makes an EXACT (just cross-platform and a LOT
    smaller in filesize) version, it can not and does not correct
    author errors.

    If you want word wrap, even Notepad has a wordwrap toggle. Etc.

    --
    Of course, it is no easy matter to be polite; in so far, I mean,
    as it requires us to show great respect for everybody, whereas

    - Arthur Schopenhauer
    thanatoid, Apr 28, 2008

  2. thanatoid

    james_paterson

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    The question doesn't need improvement

    It is hard to be polite, but you may as well have said nothing since you don't know the answer. I too have a pdf file I would like to word wrap to read on my smartphone. It is a paper that a University has only made available in that format. I do not know why, but while why is an interesting question, it is not a better question and it's answer will not help me word wrap the file I have.

    * adobe reader lets you reflow which is more or less the same as word wrapping
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    james_paterson, Dec 27, 2012