Re: WORD printing help!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by baron, Sep 22, 2010.

  1. baron

    baron Guest

    Robert Baer Inscribed thus:

    > This is what i want to do: print mailto info in appropiate place on
    > standard #10 envelope, where the envelope is placed in the printer
    > long way up, AND to the right of the paper input bin.
    > At one point in the dim past, i got that to work (do NOT ask me
    > how)
    > but i had to re-type each and every new recipient name addr etc, so i
    > "got fancy" and changed it for mail merge operation.
    > Well, the mail-merge works, BUT the placement of print is totally
    > out
    > of whack. This is seen by using 8.5x11 paper in the printer and noting
    > the image is A) to the left of that paper, and B) up 4 inches from the
    > bottom, and _not_ the 2.5 inches "programmed" in the print setup.
    > Now, no matter what i do, the result is wrong and i have no clue as
    > to how to fix it; i even tried lying about dimensions, landscape VS
    > portrait, etc to no avail.
    > Help??

    Hi Robert,
    What make/model of printer are you using ?
    What version of Windows ? If I recall you are still using W98SE.
    what version of Word ?

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    baron, Sep 22, 2010

  2. "baron" <> wrote in message
    > Robert Baer Inscribed thus:
    >
    >> This is what i want to do: print mailto info in appropiate place on
    >> standard #10 envelope, where the envelope is placed in the printer
    >> long way up, AND to the right of the paper input bin.
    >> At one point in the dim past, i got that to work (do NOT ask me
    >> how)
    >> but i had to re-type each and every new recipient name addr etc, so i
    >> "got fancy" and changed it for mail merge operation.
    >> Well, the mail-merge works, BUT the placement of print is totally
    >> out
    >> of whack. This is seen by using 8.5x11 paper in the printer and noting
    >> the image is A) to the left of that paper, and B) up 4 inches from the
    >> bottom, and _not_ the 2.5 inches "programmed" in the print setup.
    >> Now, no matter what i do, the result is wrong and i have no clue as
    >> to how to fix it; i even tried lying about dimensions, landscape VS
    >> portrait, etc to no avail.
    >> Help??

    > Hi Robert,
    > What make/model of printer are you using ?
    > What version of Windows ? If I recall you are still using W98SE.
    > what version of Word ?

    All are excellent questions, by the way.

    If the printer is old and the computer is new, is the print driver correct
    for the OS?
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 22, 2010

  3. baron

    Baron Guest

    Jeff Strickland Inscribed thus:

    > "baron" <> wrote in message
    >> Robert Baer Inscribed thus:
    >>
    >>> This is what i want to do: print mailto info in appropiate place
    >>> on a
    >>> standard #10 envelope, where the envelope is placed in the printer
    >>> long way up, AND to the right of the paper input bin.
    >>> At one point in the dim past, i got that to work (do NOT ask me
    >>> how)
    >>> but i had to re-type each and every new recipient name addr etc, so
    >>> i "got fancy" and changed it for mail merge operation.
    >>> Well, the mail-merge works, BUT the placement of print is totally
    >>> out
    >>> of whack. This is seen by using 8.5x11 paper in the printer and
    >>> noting the image is A) to the left of that paper, and B) up 4 inches
    >>> from the bottom, and _not_ the 2.5 inches "programmed" in the print
    >>> setup.
    >>> Now, no matter what i do, the result is wrong and i have no clue
    >>> as
    >>> to how to fix it; i even tried lying about dimensions, landscape VS
    >>> portrait, etc to no avail.
    >>> Help??

    >> Hi Robert,
    >> What make/model of printer are you using ?
    >> What version of Windows ? If I recall you are still using W98SE.
    >> what version of Word ?
    >>

    > All are excellent questions, by the way.
    >
    > If the printer is old and the computer is new, is the print driver
    > correct for the OS?

    Its always worth checking. :)

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Sep 22, 2010
  4. baron

    baron Guest

    Robert Baer Inscribed thus:

    > baron wrote:
    >> Robert Baer Inscribed thus:
    >>
    >>> This is what i want to do: print mailto info in appropiate place
    >>> on a
    >>> standard #10 envelope, where the envelope is placed in the printer
    >>> long way up, AND to the right of the paper input bin.
    >>> At one point in the dim past, i got that to work (do NOT ask me
    >>> how)
    >>> but i had to re-type each and every new recipient name addr etc, so
    >>> i "got fancy" and changed it for mail merge operation.
    >>> Well, the mail-merge works, BUT the placement of print is totally
    >>> out
    >>> of whack. This is seen by using 8.5x11 paper in the printer and
    >>> noting the image is A) to the left of that paper, and B) up 4 inches
    >>> from the bottom, and _not_ the 2.5 inches "programmed" in the print
    >>> setup.
    >>> Now, no matter what i do, the result is wrong and i have no clue
    >>> as
    >>> to how to fix it; i even tried lying about dimensions, landscape VS
    >>> portrait, etc to no avail.
    >>> Help??

    >> Hi Robert,
    >> What make/model of printer are you using ?
    >> What version of Windows ? If I recall you are still using W98SE.
    >> what version of Word ?
    >>

    > I am using Word from Office Student & Teacher edition 2003 as the
    > Excel is supposed to be the most flexible with least bloat and
    > problems.
    > Installed in Win2K (i run DOS, Win98Se and Win2K).
    > Printer: Canon BJC-4300.
    > BTW, Word "preview" lies and shows envelope horizontal when in fact
    > it is printing vertically.

    Why am I not surprised !
    > That does not help; only wasting paper can show facts.

    Are the margins/headers & footers, set correctly ? If I recall they can
    be set in both the printer utility and within Word. I haven't played
    with a BJC-4300 for a long long time and I've never bothered with
    Windows after W98ME though I do have a machine with XP kicking about
    somewhere.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    baron, Sep 23, 2010
  5. "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > baron wrote:
    >> Robert Baer Inscribed thus:
    >>
    >>> This is what i want to do: print mailto info in appropiate place on
    >>> standard #10 envelope, where the envelope is placed in the printer
    >>> long way up, AND to the right of the paper input bin.
    >>> At one point in the dim past, i got that to work (do NOT ask me
    >>> how)
    >>> but i had to re-type each and every new recipient name addr etc, so i
    >>> "got fancy" and changed it for mail merge operation.
    >>> Well, the mail-merge works, BUT the placement of print is totally
    >>> out
    >>> of whack. This is seen by using 8.5x11 paper in the printer and noting
    >>> the image is A) to the left of that paper, and B) up 4 inches from the
    >>> bottom, and _not_ the 2.5 inches "programmed" in the print setup.
    >>> Now, no matter what i do, the result is wrong and i have no clue as
    >>> to how to fix it; i even tried lying about dimensions, landscape VS
    >>> portrait, etc to no avail.
    >>> Help??

    >> Hi Robert,
    >> What make/model of printer are you using ?
    >> What version of Windows ? If I recall you are still using W98SE.
    >> what version of Word ?
    >>

    > I am using Word from Office Student & Teacher edition 2003 as the Excel
    > is supposed to be the most flexible with least bloat and problems.
    > Installed in Win2K (i run DOS, Win98Se and Win2K).
    > Printer: Canon BJC-4300.
    > BTW, Word "preview" lies and shows envelope horizontal when in fact it
    > is printing vertically.
    > That does not help; only wasting paper can show facts.

    You have a setting wrong in the printer.

    OR

    You have printer driver problems because you use an old operating system and
    a version of Office that gets updates from Microsoft and the updates are not
    compatible with the old operating system.
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 23, 2010
  6. I open Word, select TOOLS>LETTERS AND MAILINGS>ENVELOPES AND LABELS.

    A dialog box opens where I type in the mailing address I want printed. There
    is an Options button where I can select a bizillion different envelope
    options, and there is a pictoral display of what the envelope looks like and
    where the address will be placed.

    It doesn't get much easier.
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 24, 2010
  7. "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >> I open Word, select TOOLS>LETTERS AND MAILINGS>ENVELOPES AND LABELS.
    >>
    >> A dialog box opens where I type in the mailing address I want printed.
    >> There is an Options button where I can select a bizillion different
    >> envelope options, and there is a pictoral display of what the envelope
    >> looks like and where the address will be placed.
    >>
    >> It doesn't get much easier.

    > Yes, i saw those print options, which do not work as SEEN.
    > Also, the envelope selection (envelopes and labels) does an ADD, making
    > a 2-page document second page 8.5x11.
    > And there is NO dialog box - but that does not matter because the
    > printing winds up in the wrong place.
    > BTW, deleting that non-envelope second pave bastardizes the first to be
    > something very non-envelope.
    > Like i said, i lied like crazy to make the damn thing work,

    Your Word install is corrupted. The print is not working right.

    I use Office 2003, and I told you how it works. If yours does not work as I
    said, your install is hosed up somehow. Everything I told you works exactly
    as I said. I seriously doubt that it's possible to use a printer older than
    the one I have -- an HP LaserJet 4L.I'm pretty sure I was running Windows 97
    when I got that printer.

    I've seen you state repeatedly that you get an "ADD." What is an ADD?
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 26, 2010
  8. baron

    - Bobb - Guest

    > When i select select TOOLS>LETTERS AND MAILINGS>
    > ENVELOPES AND LABELS (eXactly as you mention), the options are ADD
    > envelope and (a plain no-nonsense) labels).

    What if you choose ADD , does it THEN prompt for " which envelope ?..."
    Or a CD ?
    Rather than focusing on your model, add another model printer in Control
    panel, say an HP Deskjet - any one.
    Open Word. Does that tab NOW work ? If not, it has nothing to do with your
    specific printer.
    If so, at least we know something ( 'cuz until now we've learned nothing)

    Do you have the CD to reinstall/repair Word 2003 ?
    - Bobb -, Sep 26, 2010
  9. "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >> "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yes, i saw those print options, which do not work as SEEN.
    >>> Also, the envelope selection (envelopes and labels) does an ADD,
    >>> making a 2-page document second page 8.5x11.
    >>> And there is NO dialog box - but that does not matter because the
    >>> printing winds up in the wrong place.
    >>> BTW, deleting that non-envelope second pave bastardizes the first to
    >>> be something very non-envelope.
    >>> Like i said, i lied like crazy to make the damn thing work,

    >> Your Word install is corrupted. The print is not working right.
    >>
    >> I use Office 2003, and I told you how it works. If yours does not work as
    >> I said, your install is hosed up somehow. Everything I told you works
    >> exactly as I said. I seriously doubt that it's possible to use a printer
    >> older than the one I have -- an HP LaserJet 4L.I'm pretty sure I was
    >> running Windows 97 when I got that printer.
    >>
    >> I've seen you state repeatedly that you get an "ADD." What is an ADD?
    >>

    > When i select select TOOLS>LETTERS AND MAILINGS>ENVELOPES AND LABELS
    > (eXactly as you mention), the options are ADD envelope and (a plain
    > no-nonsense) labels).

    You have hosed up your installation of Office. I don't know what you did, or
    could have done, but I'd be reinstalling Office about now before I screwed
    around with anything else.

    When you open a new document, or wish to address an envelope for an existing
    document, you have a couple of options that all end up in the same place,
    none of them remotely approaching what you describe.

    In an existing document, assuming a letter, you can highlight the salutation
    at the beginning where you have typed John Doe, the company, and address,
    and click TOOLS>LETTERS AND MAILINGS>ENVELOPES AND LABELS. A dialog box
    opens and the Address Information that you want printed will be filled in
    because you have highlighted it already. You will have an Envelope tab and a
    Label tab. Depending on the tab selected, you have options, select the
    Envelop tab. You can change the selected envelope by clicking the Options
    Button. There is a pictoral display of the selected envelope, and the
    pritning location is shown fro the address and return address. You can omit
    the return address if you desire.

    If you just want to print a single envelope that has no associated document
    from which you can select the desired information to be printed, then you
    would click TOOLS>LETTERS AND MAILINGS>ENVELOPES AND LABELS (just like
    above) and type in the that mailing address information into the space on
    the open dialog box. You get the same tabs to choose from, and the same
    options for nevelope size and the omission of the Return Address if you
    desire that.

    When you select the Labels Tab (instead of the Envelope Tab), then you will
    get an entire sheet of labels with the address information you have typed in
    or highlighted from the document.

    If you experience is not as I have described, then you have a problem with
    the installation of Office, or with the print driver, or both.

    Automatic updates, or manual updates for that matter, will seek out not only
    Operating System updates, but also Application Updates -- where Office is an
    application that will receive updates from time to time. If Office has
    gotten an update, then you may need an update driver for the printer. If you
    have updated the printer driver for any reason, but not updated the
    application or the OS, then maybe the print driver isn't compatible anymore.

    I'd be reinstalling the printer about now, and reinstalliing Office. You are
    the only one that knows what has been updated or changed, so you have to
    decide which you want to do first.

    There are interoperabilities and dependencies between Office components that
    sometimes are not apparent, and sometimes not obvious. For example, I like
    Full Menus on all programs, and I never like Personalized Menus that show a
    few menu items and then display the remaining items after a delay of a few
    seconds. For a long time, this feature could be turned on and off from
    within Excel. the setting affected all Office Suite products, but not be set
    from all products. In the case of Office '03, this can be set from within
    Word as well as Excel, but the illustration is that maybe a print option was
    made from an Option Menu in another Office Suite product that is making your
    life miserable in Word.

    I don't know that you share this machine with a herd of kids that go around
    clicking stuff, or only you use it, and don't care. The point is, you are
    describing problems that do not exist for anybody else, therefore you have a
    unique issue with your settings. If you do what I said to do, and get a
    different result, then you have to look through the Office settings, reload
    Office, or change the driver. If the printer worked as you want to once upon
    a time but doesn't work now, I'd try uninstalling the printer and removing
    it from the hardware list in the Device Manager, then reloading it from
    scratch using the original CD. If you don't have the original CD and
    downloaded the driver from the printer's Website, then you might have an
    imcompatiblity problem as a result.
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 26, 2010
  10. "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    >- Bobb - wrote:
    >> "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    >>> When i select select TOOLS>LETTERS AND MAILINGS>
    >>> ENVELOPES AND LABELS (eXactly as you mention), the options are ADD
    >>> envelope and (a plain no-nonsense) labels).

    >> What if you choose ADD , does it THEN prompt for " which envelope ?..."
    >> Or a CD ?

    > * NO prompts; one immediately gets a two page document like i previously
    > stated; page ZERO is envelope and page ONE is 8.5 by 11 with big margins.
    >
    >> Rather than focusing on your model, add another model printer in Control
    >> panel, say an HP Deskjet - any one.
    >> Open Word. Does that tab NOW work ? If not, it has nothing to do with
    >> your specific printer.
    >> If so, at least we know something ( 'cuz until now we've learned nothing)
    >>
    >> Do you have the CD to reinstall/repair Word 2003 ?

    > * Yes; why?

    Because you need to reinstall/repair.
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 27, 2010
  11. baron

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message

    > "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    >>- Bobb - wrote:
    >>> "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> What if you choose ADD , does it THEN prompt for " which envelope ?..."
    >>> Or a CD ?

    >> * NO prompts; one immediately gets a two page document like i previously
    >> stated; page ZERO is envelope and page ONE is 8.5 by 11 with big margins.
    >>
    >>> Rather than focusing on your model, add another model printer in Control
    >>> panel, say an HP Deskjet - any one.
    >>> Open Word. Does that tab NOW work ? If not, it has nothing to do with
    >>> your specific printer.
    >>> If so, at least we know something ( 'cuz until now we've learned
    >>> nothing)
    >>>
    >>> Do you have the CD to reinstall/repair Word 2003 ?

    >> * Yes; why?
    >>

    > Because you need to reinstall/repair.

    Jeff,
    I think he'd like you to drive there and do it for him.
    And make it snappy !
    - Bobb -, Sep 27, 2010
  12. "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    >- Bobb - wrote:
    >> "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    >>> When i select select TOOLS>LETTERS AND MAILINGS>
    >>> ENVELOPES AND LABELS (eXactly as you mention), the options are ADD
    >>> envelope and (a plain no-nonsense) labels).

    >> What if you choose ADD , does it THEN prompt for " which envelope ?..."
    >> Or a CD ?

    > * NO prompts; one immediately gets a two page document like i previously
    > stated; page ZERO is envelope and page ONE is 8.5 by 11 with big margins.

    You have selected the ADD TO DOCUMENT option of the Envelope and Label
    dialog box. Page 0 (zero) is the envelope. You can type the address into the
    text box on the envelope, but it sounds like you (or somebody) has changed
    the shape and properties of the text box, and this is causing you problems.

    You can delete Page 0 and select the Tools menu and navigate too the
    Envelopes and Labels section, and type in the address information, then
    print the envelope directly from there. Having said that, if the text box on
    the envelope has had its properties changed, there's no tellling what the
    results will be.

    You might consider resetting the text box properties.

    If this doesn't work, then you will have to reinstall Office, and probably
    the printer too.

    The best we can do from here is tell you what is supposed to happen when you
    click on the menu items.

    Jeff Strickland, Sep 27, 2010
  13. "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >> "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    >>> * NO prompts; one immediately gets a two page document like i previously
    >>> stated; page ZERO is envelope and page ONE is 8.5 by 11 with big
    >>> margins.

    >>> * Yes; why?
    >>>

    >> Because you need to reinstall/repair.
    >>

    > Are you saying that the envelope "ADD" appears on your installation and
    > you _also_ get a two-page document?

    Yes, I get Page 0 when I click the checkbox to include the envelope in the
    document.

    If I do not include the envelope in the document, then the document is as
    expected, and the envelope is addressed via the dialog box by either
    highlighting the address before selecting the Address Wizard, or I can open
    the address wizard and type the address I want into the dialog box. Whether
    the envelope is included in the document or not (Page 0), the address is
    placed where it should be and the envelope prints as one would desire it to
    be printed.
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 28, 2010
  14. "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >> "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message

    >>> Are you saying that the envelope "ADD" appears on your installation
    >>> and you _also_ get a two-page document?

    >> Yes, I get Page 0 when I click the checkbox to include the envelope in
    >> the document.
    >>
    >> If I do not include the envelope in the document, then the document is as
    >> expected, and the envelope is addressed via the dialog box by either
    >> highlighting the address before selecting the Address Wizard, or I can
    >> open the address wizard and type the address I want into the dialog box.
    >> Whether the envelope is included in the document or not (Page 0), the
    >> address is placed where it should be and the envelope prints as one would
    >> desire it to be printed.
    >>

    > So..it first prints the envelope (page zero) and then you have to fiddle
    > with the printer to print the letter (page one), and then REPEAT this BS
    > for every entry in the mail merge database?
    > Wonderful....

    No. Mail Merge is different.

    You have to reinstall Office, and the printer driver. Your problem is that
    something is seriously wrong with your installation because the feature
    works seemlessly when the installation is good.

    If you are doing a mail merge, then you should be printing onto labels
    anyhow, they feed way better than envelopes and you get 30 at a pass instead
    of just one.

    I'm not even sure that you can mail merge with a Page 0 because that method
    will print an envelope at the start of the print cycle, then revert to
    printing standard pages. Basically, Page 0 will tell the printer to pause
    until it sees something in the bypass tray, print it, then continue printing
    from the main tray. You could draft a letter to your publisher, or the bank
    that handles your foreclosure, and have an envelope printed first.

    Page 0 is a poor choice for doing a mail merge.
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 28, 2010
  15. "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message

    > Labels do not feed well on my BJC-4300; the dot-matrix pinfeed Panasonic
    > KX-P1123 works infinitely better as the labels are for pinfeed.
    > But..the look is far worse, and then there is the time to stick them
    > onto the envelopes.
    > There is only one (feed) tray on the printer.
    > At least, after all these daze (going on to weeks it seems) you admit
    > that page zero is the shits.
    > My "all lies" scheme has worked very well with zero problems.

    Page 0 isn't the shits, it just does not do what you want. And what you seem
    to want, you're not willing to do.

    Page 0 is an excellent way to go for a single envelope that is addressed to
    a recipient of the letter you are writing. But if you want to do lots of
    letters, then you want a different scheme, not Page 0.

    I've never seen a printer that could feed dozens upon dozens of envelopes,
    but could not print a couple of sheets of labels. Something is going on that
    you are not making clear. But, I suppose it doesn't matter. You asked me
    what to do, and I said to reload Office and the print driver. I told you how
    the program was supposed to behave, and you machjine does not behave that
    way so it must have a bad install.
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 30, 2010
  16. "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >> "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    >>> Labels do not feed well on my BJC-4300; the dot-matrix pinfeed
    >>> Panasonic KX-P1123 works infinitely better as the labels are for
    >>> pinfeed.
    >>> But..the look is far worse, and then there is the time to stick them
    >>> onto the envelopes.
    >>> There is only one (feed) tray on the printer.
    >>> At least, after all these daze (going on to weeks it seems) you admit
    >>> that page zero is the shits.
    >>> My "all lies" scheme has worked very well with zero problems.

    >> Page 0 isn't the shits, it just does not do what you want. And what you
    >> seem to want, you're not willing to do.
    >>
    >> Page 0 is an excellent way to go for a single envelope that is addressed
    >> to a recipient of the letter you are writing. But if you want to do lots
    >> of letters, then you want a different scheme, not Page 0.
    >>
    >> I've never seen a printer that could feed dozens upon dozens of
    >> envelopes, but could not print a couple of sheets of labels. Something is
    >> going on that you are not making clear. But, I suppose it doesn't matter.
    >> You asked me what to do, and I said to reload Office and the print
    >> driver. I told you how the program was supposed to behave, and you
    >> machjine does not behave that way so it must have a bad install.
    >>

    > I feed it one envelope at a time, just like the mail merge function
    > prompts right before printing.
    > Printed 28 envelopes this first go-around.
    > The other Nerd mail-merge file (the letter) works the same, which suits
    > me fine: print, fold, insert in (matching) envelope, press enter / click
    > OK; repeat.
    > *
    > Problems with labels: 1) they rotate and/or slip as the 4.5 inch strip
    > feeds, 2) i lose the first label on the strip as vertical alignment of
    > first printed line cannot be made to match the label for 4-5 lines of
    > data, 3) PITA to strip off and stick to envelope (and enough i gotta fold
    > and insert the letters).
    > Well, if i did not care about the quality f the addresses, i could use
    > my Panasonic dot matrix pinfeed, and have ZERO loss.

    4.5-inch strip??? You're feeding the pin-feed lables through a printer that
    doesn't use pinfeed, and complain that it doesn't work!

    Go buy a box of 8.5x11 lables. They feed just like a sheet of paper.

    I thought you had an actual problem with Word, but it seems the problem is
    you. Buy a clue ....
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 30, 2010
  17. baron

    - Bobb - Guest

    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >> "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message

    >>> I feed it one envelope at a time, just like the mail merge function
    >>> prompts right before printing.
    >>> Printed 28 envelopes this first go-around.
    >>> The other Nerd mail-merge file (the letter) works the same, which
    >>> suits me fine: print, fold, insert in (matching) envelope, press enter /
    >>> click OK; repeat.
    >>> *
    >>> Problems with labels: 1) they rotate and/or slip as the 4.5 inch strip
    >>> feeds, 2) i lose the first label on the strip as vertical alignment of
    >>> first printed line cannot be made to match the label for 4-5 lines of
    >>> data, 3) PITA to strip off and stick to envelope (and enough i gotta
    >>> fold and insert the letters).
    >>> Well, if i did not care about the quality f the addresses, i could use
    >>> my Panasonic dot matrix pinfeed, and have ZERO loss.

    >> 4.5-inch strip??? You're feeding the pin-feed lables through a printer
    >> that doesn't use pinfeed, and complain that it doesn't work!
    >>
    >> Go buy a box of 8.5x11 lables. They feed just like a sheet of paper.
    >>

    >> I thought you had an actual problem with Word, but it seems the problem
    >> is you. Buy a clue ....
    >>

    > I do not use labels (as i mentioned) in this case; i print directly onto
    > the envelope; much faster because then i do not have to srtip of and stick
    > labels (which i mentioned at LEAST one time).

    "much faster" ?
    Did you say -- much faster ?
    What's it been - 2 weeks now since you asked the question and done nothing
    but ridicule those trying to help. Have you noticed no one tries to help any
    longer ?
    2+2 = ??? Buy a clue ....
    - Bobb -, Oct 2, 2010
  18. "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message

    > I do not use labels (as i mentioned) in this case; i print directly onto
    > the envelope; much faster because then i do not have to srtip of and stick
    > labels (which i mentioned at LEAST one time).

    It is much faster to print a sheet of 30 labels and stick them to envelopes
    than it is to hand feed 30 envelopes one at a time.

    Buy a clue, you've gotten all of the free vowels you can get.

    Good luck.
    Jeff Strickland, Oct 2, 2010