Re: Word 2007

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TKM, Apr 25, 2009.

  1. TKM

    TKM Guest

    "Lookout" <> wrote in message
    > Windows XP Pro
    > Word XP AND Word 2007
    > 2 users
    >
    > My wife HAD TO install Office 2007 for college. I don't like it and
    > want to continue using Office XP on my user account. How do I
    > configure that?
    > Google has been no help as I can't find the right syntax to get what I
    > want.

    Assuming that you have the Windows 2003 CD-ROM, just install it on your
    machine when signed in to your account. MS-Office is not "Office XP" which
    means it is not part of Windows XP; it's a separate software package
    designed to be run under XP.

    You could also install Open Office which looks and acts much like MS Office
    2003. It's downloadable for free.

    TKM
    TKM, Apr 25, 2009

  2. TKM wrote in

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_XP

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

    If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will
    scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will
    refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something
    which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he
    will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is
    explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
    Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries, Apr 25, 2009