    The only problem I have is that Woosh do not have a newsgroup server. Are
    there any free NZ newsgroups on the net.?
    Thanks

    R Little, Oct 15, 2004

  2. R Little

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:38:06 +1300, R Little wrote:

    > I installed Woosh about a week ago. I should have installed it much earlier,
    > it is so convenient. I have had a dial up connection for the last 6 years
    > and this is the best thing since sliced bread & no Telecom involvement.!

    Yeah another follower, pity the path does not go everywhere.

    > The only problem I have is that Woosh do not have a newsgroup server.

    This is something which Ms Woosh is going have to see to.

    > Are there any free NZ newsgroups on the net.?

    News.Individual.NET

    Works for me. Thanks to the person who suggested it in this ng a wee while
    ago. As another posted. No binaries. Still in the main stream decomacracy
    subjects it all go.

    Google will get you the web site. They have not increased my spam as a
    result.

    Now, MS Woosh that does not mean you can ignore the lack of your newsgroup
    server, some things change but newgroups have been around since the first
    connection was made.

    Gordon, Oct 16, 2004

  3. R Little

    manuka Guest

    Where are you ? I've had mixed benefits with Woosh here in inner
    Wellington ( work),with latency a regular downside. Grr ! Annoyingly
    great signals at my LOS home location (10km across the harbour) are
    USELESS since I'm outside their 6.5km POP radius footprint. Even
    bigger Grr.

    Newsgroups ! I've prefer now Google Groups for this, even when News
    feed is available. Are you aware of this Google feature ?

    manuka, Oct 16, 2004
  4. R Little

    Damon Nomad Guest

    On , , 16 Oct 2004 01:28:46 -0700, Re: Re Woosh,
    (manuka) wrote:

    >Where are you ? I've had mixed benefits with Woosh here in inner
    >Wellington ( work),with latency a regular downside. Grr ! Annoyingly
    >great signals at my LOS home location (10km across the harbour) are
    >USELESS since I'm outside their 6.5km POP radius footprint. Even
    >bigger Grr.

    How would they know how far away you are especially if you are
    mobile?

    Damon Nomad, Oct 17, 2004
  5. R Little

    Steve Guest

    Damon Nomad wrote:
    > On , , 16 Oct 2004 01:28:46 -0700, Re: Re Woosh,
    > (manuka) wrote:
    >

    >>Where are you ? I've had mixed benefits with Woosh here in inner
    >>Wellington ( work),with latency a regular downside. Grr ! Annoyingly
    >>great signals at my LOS home location (10km across the harbour) are
    >>USELESS since I'm outside their 6.5km POP radius footprint. Even
    >>bigger Grr.

    > How would they know how far away you are especially if you are
    > mobile?

    Timing.

    Steve

    Steve, Oct 17, 2004
  6. Damon Nomad wrote:
    >>Where are you ? I've had mixed benefits with Woosh here in inner
    >>Wellington ( work),with latency a regular downside. Grr ! Annoyingly
    >>great signals at my LOS home location (10km across the harbour) are
    >>USELESS since I'm outside their 6.5km POP radius footprint. Even
    >>bigger Grr.

    > How would they know how far away you are especially if you are
    > mobile?

    simple if statement.
    if ping >x then disallow connection

    replace ping with whatever method they use for latency calculation.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 18, 2004