Re: WM works on W-7 :))) JOY!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dan C, Sep 21, 2010.

  1. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 04:13:55 -0500, Valorie *~~ wrote:

    > WM works on W-7 and few hoops had to be jumped through. All the WM
    > files from Vista were once again moved under Program Files on W-7. The
    > folder name was changed to Windows-Mail instead of Windows Mail. I
    > added the - with no spaces. The correct 64-bit msoe dll was added
    > removing the 32-bit dll. The correct dll is larger then the 32-bit from
    > Vista. Then I created a shortcut (WinMail.exe) to the desktop, clicked
    > it and WM opened. That was all it took! Ignore the window that pops up
    > telling you you can't add a second or more email addresses. Just add
    > them. :) They'll be thre. Also, make sure to check the language or
    > spell checker wont work.
    >
    > I sure hope this helps others who may not know to replace the msoe dll
    > and install it under Programs Files, not PF (x86). No need to tolorate
    > WLM if you don't like it. :)

    Good. Hopefully this means you will shut the **** up and go away for a
    while, until you dream up your next idiotic question about how to do
    simple shit with a computer.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he inhaled.

    Dan C, Sep 21, 2010

  2. Dan C

    John Holmes Guest

    Dan C "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 04:13:55 -0500, Valorie *~~ wrote:
    >
    >> WM works on W-7 and few hoops had to be jumped through. All the WM
    >> files from Vista were once again moved under Program Files on W-7. The
    >> folder name was changed to Windows-Mail instead of Windows Mail. I
    >> added the - with no spaces. The correct 64-bit msoe dll was added
    >> removing the 32-bit dll. The correct dll is larger then the 32-bit

    from
    >> Vista. Then I created a shortcut (WinMail.exe) to the desktop,

    clicked
    >> it and WM opened. That was all it took! Ignore the window that pops

    up
    >> telling you you can't add a second or more email addresses. Just add
    >> them. :) They'll be thre. Also, make sure to check the language or
    >> spell checker wont work.
    >>
    >> I sure hope this helps others who may not know to replace the msoe dll
    >> and install it under Programs Files, not PF (x86). No need to

    tolorate
    >> WLM if you don't like it. :)

    > Good. Hopefully this means you will shut the **** up and go away for a
    > while, until you dream up your next idiotic question about how to do
    > simple shit with a computer.

    Something tells me she'll be back soon.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Sep 21, 2010

  3. Dan C <> via

    > Good. Hopefully this means you will shut the **** up
    > and go away for a while, until you dream up your next
    > idiotic question about how to do simple shit with a
    > computer.

    OHHHHHHhhhhhh... you're 'posed to use a *computer*?

    Now I see....

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and everybody
    knows the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    http://www.boingboing.net/Smoky_The_Nanobot.jpg

    Bucky Breeder, Sep 21, 2010