Re: Wireless won't connect after rebooting

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 12, 2007.

  1. Hi

    I am not familiar with the term/device BT Hub, and why it needs its own
    browser and software. It seems to me that there are too many applications
    that are trying to configure/control the Wireless.

    Try to use one set of application and disable others.

    Usually regular Wireless source (Wireless Router/Access Point) does not need
    software or special browser.

    On the computer, you can use for configuration the software that came with
    Netgear Wireless card, or Windows Zero Configuration, but not both. When
    using one the other has to be out of the memory and processes.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 12, 2007

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

    David Hettel Guest

    My guess is bt means British Telecom, the supplier of the device in this
    case. Have you tried unplugging the hub then plugging the hub back in to
    force a reboot? It's possible that you need the bt software to log in to the
    BT network.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Jan 12, 2007

  3. Hello

    Thanks to you both on this one, i now seem to have got the wireless
    connection working, and i will go with the answer that two programs are
    trying to configure the connection. It seems to have been resolved using the
    Windows zero, but this still is only finding the connection after a few
    attempts, so i'm assuming its still conflicting with other connection
    processes, but the fact that is doing so means that it can work and i guess i
    can live with it!

    many thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?cGVhc2Ftb24=?=, Jan 14, 2007